Skip to main content

weekend reads | 05.01.18


First weekend reads of 2018! I'm still kind of shocked that 2017 is over and I'm currently stuck on my desk with all my notes all over the place, studying and revising for finals. However, I'm taking a bit of time at the end of the day to read for a few minutes the beauty that is the changeling by Victor Lavalle. 

I'm absolutely in love with the writing style and I'm taking my sweet time with it. If you've checked my reading goals for this year you already know 2018 is the time I put the word enjoyment back into my reading and one way of doing that is just reading at my own pace. Some days I'll read, others I won't and that's okay. I don't want 2018 to be a race for me.

What plans do you have for the weekend? Here were are celebrating the Twelfth Night and I'm going to the Three Wise Men parade with my family. Hope you have an awesome weekend ^^

Follow

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review // The Improbability of Love by Hannah Rothschild

The Improbability of Love  by Hannah Rothschild { Goodreads } Published by Bloomsbury in 2016 Paperback edition; 479 pages { BookDepository } The Improbability of Love follows a bunch of different characters all involved in different ways with the art-world scene in London when a very famous painting –which gives name to the novel – is found by Annie, the main protagonist we could say, in a thrift shop. Don’t be fooled by the cover which screams chick-lit through and through; the novel deals with so much more.

Book Review // Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea

Because of Mr. Terupt  by Rob Buyea { Goodreads } Published by Yearling in 2011 Paperback edition; 288 pages { BookDepository } " Features seven narrators, each with a unique story, and each with a different perspective on what makes their teacher so special.  It’s the start of fifth grade for seven kids at Snow Hill School. There’s . . .  Jessica,  the new girl, smart and perceptive, who’s having a hard time fitting in;  Alexia,  a bully, your friend one second, your enemy the next;  Peter,  class prankster and troublemaker;  Luke,  the brain;  Danielle, who never stands up for herself; shy  Anna,  whose home situation makes her an outcast; and  Jeffrey,  who hates school.  Only Mr. Terupt, their new and energetic teacher, seems to know how to deal with them all. He makes the classroom a fun place, even if he doesn’t let them get away with much . . . until the snowy winter day when an accident...

How I Rate Books

For quite a while now I’ve seen loads of people talking about how they rate the books they read. And so I thought about doing my own post because it is true the way I rate books has changed and so I wanted to discuss it with you guys. The main thing that inspired me to do this post is Helene’s Jeppesen video about it.