Skip to main content

End of the Year Book Tag


I saw this over at Mercedes from MercysBookishMusings and since I haven't done a tag in a while I thought.... why not?

1. Are there any books you started this year that you need to finish?
The ones I'm currently reading: The Mad Ship by Robin Hobb & Wundersmith by Jessica Townsend. The latter I'm almost done with (finished it last night) but the former I should have started a lot sooner, right after I finished Ship of Magic. My plan was to read the whole trilogy before the end of the year but it's definitely not happening. It's taking me a long time to get through The Mad Ship (I'm barely half-way through) and the next one is as big.

2. Do you have an autumnal book to transition into the end of the year?
A few years ago I used to read Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone every single December and that would set the mood for Christmas for me but this year I have reread the whole series (finished the last one this month actually) I won't do that. So, I might try to read A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens again. Tried to read it a couple of years ago and I dnfed it like 10 pages in. Wasn't in the mood.

3. Is there a new release you're still waiting for?
Yes, indeed. I'm waiting for both Fireborne by Rosaria Munda and Deeplight by Frances Hardinge. Both should have arrived by now in the mail but the Spanish post office organisation is shit and I'm still waiting (just an example, book depository takes up to 8 days to deliver to Spain and normally, I get my books 15 days later....)

4. What are three books you want to read before the end of the year?
I had a priority TBR for this but being completely honest, I won't get to all of them. I'm a slow reader, I'm lucky if I get one book a week. But I narrowed it down to The Secret Commonwealth, The Starless Sea and My Dark Vanessa - although this one is not festive at all.

5. Is there a book you think could still shook you and become your favourite book of the year?
Maybe My Dark Vanessa? However, I doubt any book will take Girl, Woman, Other's place as my favourite read of the year. I'm still thinking about that one and I want to re-read it soon.

6. Have you already started making reading plans for 2020?
Kinda. I'm planning on going on a sort of book buying ban and focusing more on my backlist books.

What about you? 

Follow

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vintage Classics: Brontë Series

Maybe you don’t know this about me but I collect different edition of Jane Eyre and when I learnt that Vintage was releasing the new Brontë series I just couldn’t say no. 

Book Review // Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea

Because of Mr. Terupt  by Rob Buyea { Goodreads } Published by Yearling in 2011 Paperback edition; 288 pages { BookDepository } " Features seven narrators, each with a unique story, and each with a different perspective on what makes their teacher so special.  It’s the start of fifth grade for seven kids at Snow Hill School. There’s . . .  Jessica,  the new girl, smart and perceptive, who’s having a hard time fitting in;  Alexia,  a bully, your friend one second, your enemy the next;  Peter,  class prankster and troublemaker;  Luke,  the brain;  Danielle, who never stands up for herself; shy  Anna,  whose home situation makes her an outcast; and  Jeffrey,  who hates school.  Only Mr. Terupt, their new and energetic teacher, seems to know how to deal with them all. He makes the classroom a fun place, even if he doesn’t let them get away with much . . . until the snowy winter day when an accident changes everything—and everyone. "

Reading Diary | February Books | 2018

Feb, 1st - 15:15. Finished the second book in the first volume of the Riyria Revelations and I was pleasantly surprised. I still think the world building is the weakest thing about the story because it's not greatly developed but the story is well-written and entertaining. I'm planning on continuing reading the series because now I'm intrigued enough to want to know how everything will unfold. Feb, 7th - 10:33.  I'm finally prepared to go and see the movie Call Me By Your Name because I just finished reading the novel. I enjoyed it quite a bit. It is a celebration of love and an exploration of sex and identity. It's quite explicit though so if you feel uncomfortable with that keep it in mind if you're planning on reading it. My full review of the book is HERE (I also talk a little bit about the movie).