Skip to main content

Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon


It's that time of the year again! The clock struck 2pm and the Dewey's 24 hour readathon has oficially began! I will be posting my progress here, on Twitter and on Instagram stories. Here we go!

3pm - I haven't done much reading actually... but i'm finally sitting down to make so progress on Beloved by Toni Morrison. It's a slow read but one I'm enjoying.

4: 49pm - read 53 pages of Beloved and reached part II of the book. I'm taking a break and then I'm gonna start 84 Charing Cross Road.

6: 04pm - decided to do a 40 min sprint and ended up reading 51 pages of 84, Charing Cross Road. It's such a lovely episotolary book.

8: 49pm - took a break to have some dinner and paint my toenails and watch some booktube. Then, will got back to my books. I have 70 pages left of Beloved and haven't read anymore of 84, Charing Cross Road but I'm planning on reading that one during the night.

10: 40pm - I finished 84, Charing Cross Road. It was delightful. My edition includes its sequel, The Duchess of Bloomsbury, but I won't be reading it for the readathon. I'm gonna be taking a break before getting back to Beloved.

1: 22am - Haven't read a single page because I decided to finish Unorthodox (so good!); will continue now until i fall asleep (which i'm pretty sure it's gonna be soon).

8: 51am - And I did fall sleep.... but I managed to read a few more pages of Beloved before closing my eyes. Now I'm wide awake and ready to finish the novel.

10: 17am - Finished Beloved. Will now have some breakfast (coffee + brownie) before starting my reread of Pride and Prejudice.

12: 36pm - Read 50 pages of Pride and Prejudice. Season 4 of The Last Kingdom has just dropped and I'm watching the first episode because I cannot wait. Will read afterwards until the readathon comes to an end.

2: 00pm - And the Dewey's readathon is over! Managed to finish two books: 84, Charing Cross Road and Beloved, and started Pride and Prejudice - read 73 pages. I've had a lot of fun this time and now I can go back to The Last Kingdom without feeling guilty haha.

Follow

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vintage Classics: Brontë Series

Maybe you don’t know this about me but I collect different edition of Jane Eyre and when I learnt that Vintage was releasing the new Brontë series I just couldn’t say no. 

Book Review // Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea

Because of Mr. Terupt  by Rob Buyea { Goodreads } Published by Yearling in 2011 Paperback edition; 288 pages { BookDepository } " Features seven narrators, each with a unique story, and each with a different perspective on what makes their teacher so special.  It’s the start of fifth grade for seven kids at Snow Hill School. There’s . . .  Jessica,  the new girl, smart and perceptive, who’s having a hard time fitting in;  Alexia,  a bully, your friend one second, your enemy the next;  Peter,  class prankster and troublemaker;  Luke,  the brain;  Danielle, who never stands up for herself; shy  Anna,  whose home situation makes her an outcast; and  Jeffrey,  who hates school.  Only Mr. Terupt, their new and energetic teacher, seems to know how to deal with them all. He makes the classroom a fun place, even if he doesn’t let them get away with much . . . until the snowy winter day when an accident changes everything—and everyone. "

Reading Diary | February Books | 2018

Feb, 1st - 15:15. Finished the second book in the first volume of the Riyria Revelations and I was pleasantly surprised. I still think the world building is the weakest thing about the story because it's not greatly developed but the story is well-written and entertaining. I'm planning on continuing reading the series because now I'm intrigued enough to want to know how everything will unfold. Feb, 7th - 10:33.  I'm finally prepared to go and see the movie Call Me By Your Name because I just finished reading the novel. I enjoyed it quite a bit. It is a celebration of love and an exploration of sex and identity. It's quite explicit though so if you feel uncomfortable with that keep it in mind if you're planning on reading it. My full review of the book is HERE (I also talk a little bit about the movie).