Skip to main content

Get a Life, Chloe Brown & Red, White and Royal Blue | July Reads


Get a Life, Chloe Brown by Talia Hibbert. I really enjoyed this. For some weird reason I thought this was YA but no, definitely not YA considering all the steamy, graphic scenes. I will say I wish the story was longer so certain issues would have been explored a lot more since the problems both main characters were facing were incredibly important (Chloe has fibromyalgia and Red is dealing with the emotional/psychological consequences of a previous abusive relationship) but I also understand that despite all that, this book is meant to be about two people realising they are perfect for each other. It's supposed to be light-hearted, about the joys of finding the one, without forgetting that Chloe is dealing with a chronic illness and Red with psychological trauma.

Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston. I enjoyed it despite being cheesy and fluffy because all characters were adorable and I had a nice time reading it. It has its problems but as romance is not really my thing, I didn't go into it expecting a masterpiece. Some people found the whole "politics plot" boring because it took out from the romance but I actually really enjoyed it so there's that.

Follow

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review // The Improbability of Love by Hannah Rothschild

The Improbability of Love  by Hannah Rothschild { Goodreads } Published by Bloomsbury in 2016 Paperback edition; 479 pages { BookDepository } The Improbability of Love follows a bunch of different characters all involved in different ways with the art-world scene in London when a very famous painting –which gives name to the novel – is found by Annie, the main protagonist we could say, in a thrift shop. Don’t be fooled by the cover which screams chick-lit through and through; the novel deals with so much more.

Book Review // Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea

Because of Mr. Terupt  by Rob Buyea { Goodreads } Published by Yearling in 2011 Paperback edition; 288 pages { BookDepository } " Features seven narrators, each with a unique story, and each with a different perspective on what makes their teacher so special.  It’s the start of fifth grade for seven kids at Snow Hill School. There’s . . .  Jessica,  the new girl, smart and perceptive, who’s having a hard time fitting in;  Alexia,  a bully, your friend one second, your enemy the next;  Peter,  class prankster and troublemaker;  Luke,  the brain;  Danielle, who never stands up for herself; shy  Anna,  whose home situation makes her an outcast; and  Jeffrey,  who hates school.  Only Mr. Terupt, their new and energetic teacher, seems to know how to deal with them all. He makes the classroom a fun place, even if he doesn’t let them get away with much . . . until the snowy winter day when an accident...

How I Rate Books

For quite a while now I’ve seen loads of people talking about how they rate the books they read. And so I thought about doing my own post because it is true the way I rate books has changed and so I wanted to discuss it with you guys. The main thing that inspired me to do this post is Helene’s Jeppesen video about it.