Skip to main content

Weekend Reads | 21.04.17


And it's Friday again! Today, I have a lot of Uni work to do in the morning and then I have classes from 7pm to 10pm so I don't think after that I'll do much at all... On Saturday I have a hen party and I'm kinda excited because I've never been to one before so I hope we can all have an awesome time. And considering we'll be partying the whole night I will probably sleep all Sunday. However, the cosy reading night is also happening from 7 to 10 pm (8 to 11 in my timezone) so I might join in.

So I don't really know how much reading I'll get done but I'm gonna try and make some progress on Dreams of Gods and Monsters, the third and final installment on the Daughter of Smoke and Bone series. I was planning on reading Crooked Kingdom this weekend but since finishing Days of Blood & Starlight I thought I might as well complete the whole series and be done with it. I wasn't really much impressed with the second book so I hope the conclusion will be good.

Anyways, those are my plans for the weekend. What about you guys? Any special plans?

Follow

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review // The Improbability of Love by Hannah Rothschild

The Improbability of Love  by Hannah Rothschild { Goodreads } Published by Bloomsbury in 2016 Paperback edition; 479 pages { BookDepository } The Improbability of Love follows a bunch of different characters all involved in different ways with the art-world scene in London when a very famous painting –which gives name to the novel – is found by Annie, the main protagonist we could say, in a thrift shop. Don’t be fooled by the cover which screams chick-lit through and through; the novel deals with so much more.

Book Review // Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea

Because of Mr. Terupt  by Rob Buyea { Goodreads } Published by Yearling in 2011 Paperback edition; 288 pages { BookDepository } " Features seven narrators, each with a unique story, and each with a different perspective on what makes their teacher so special.  It’s the start of fifth grade for seven kids at Snow Hill School. There’s . . .  Jessica,  the new girl, smart and perceptive, who’s having a hard time fitting in;  Alexia,  a bully, your friend one second, your enemy the next;  Peter,  class prankster and troublemaker;  Luke,  the brain;  Danielle, who never stands up for herself; shy  Anna,  whose home situation makes her an outcast; and  Jeffrey,  who hates school.  Only Mr. Terupt, their new and energetic teacher, seems to know how to deal with them all. He makes the classroom a fun place, even if he doesn’t let them get away with much . . . until the snowy winter day when an accident...

How I Rate Books

For quite a while now I’ve seen loads of people talking about how they rate the books they read. And so I thought about doing my own post because it is true the way I rate books has changed and so I wanted to discuss it with you guys. The main thing that inspired me to do this post is Helene’s Jeppesen video about it.