Skip to main content

Weekend Reads | 5.05.17


This weekend I'm gonna try and finish both Dreams of Gods and Monsters and Am I Normal Yet? although I might not finish either of those not only because I seriously need to spend hours and hours revising (how people manage that?? need tips to help me concentrate, please!) and also Sense8 season 2 comes out TODAY! and that's a priority. Like, I can't even deal and the trailers look fantastic and my babies and - can you tell I'm obsessed with that show?

Anyways, I'm sad to say I'm not enjoying Dreams of Gods and Monsters because I just don't understand how the story evolved like it did. I'm finishing it for the sake of finishing it but unless the last 100 pages blow me away and I can see some "logic" with the ending of the story I'm afraid to say this series would become a huge disappointment. And so far, Am I Normal Yet? is a nice read, but I haven't made a full opinion on it yet because the plot is building at the moment.

Follow

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review // The Improbability of Love by Hannah Rothschild

The Improbability of Love  by Hannah Rothschild { Goodreads } Published by Bloomsbury in 2016 Paperback edition; 479 pages { BookDepository } The Improbability of Love follows a bunch of different characters all involved in different ways with the art-world scene in London when a very famous painting –which gives name to the novel – is found by Annie, the main protagonist we could say, in a thrift shop. Don’t be fooled by the cover which screams chick-lit through and through; the novel deals with so much more.

Book Review // Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea

Because of Mr. Terupt  by Rob Buyea { Goodreads } Published by Yearling in 2011 Paperback edition; 288 pages { BookDepository } " Features seven narrators, each with a unique story, and each with a different perspective on what makes their teacher so special.  It’s the start of fifth grade for seven kids at Snow Hill School. There’s . . .  Jessica,  the new girl, smart and perceptive, who’s having a hard time fitting in;  Alexia,  a bully, your friend one second, your enemy the next;  Peter,  class prankster and troublemaker;  Luke,  the brain;  Danielle, who never stands up for herself; shy  Anna,  whose home situation makes her an outcast; and  Jeffrey,  who hates school.  Only Mr. Terupt, their new and energetic teacher, seems to know how to deal with them all. He makes the classroom a fun place, even if he doesn’t let them get away with much . . . until the snowy winter day when an accident...

How I Rate Books

For quite a while now I’ve seen loads of people talking about how they rate the books they read. And so I thought about doing my own post because it is true the way I rate books has changed and so I wanted to discuss it with you guys. The main thing that inspired me to do this post is Helene’s Jeppesen video about it.