Skip to main content

Book Haul | October 2017


You know how every single month we, book bloggers, wonder... how on earth did I end up with so many books? Well, I have the answer for my problem. I realised every time I feel down or stressed, I go online to check on books and I always add something to my cart and I always press buy. And here we are: 11 books (the fact that I read 12 books in October makes me feel slightly better).

Apart from The Book of Dust, which I was planning on buying as soon as it came out, and El conde de Montecristo (The Count of Monte Cristo) which I bought because I thought I'll like it since I absolutely adored The Three Musketeers last month, the remaining 9 titles were all recommendations that came my way thanks to bookstagram and booktube. 

I'm excited for all of them (isn't that what we always say about all of our books?) but Little Fires Everywhere and If We Were Villains are high on my priority list. The former is the newest book by Celeste Ng and after loving her previous novel Everything I Never Told You (which you should all go and read) I have to see if this new novel meets my expectations - they aren't low. The latter is a new release, a mystery thriller set on an University campus involving Shakespearean actors. COUNT ME THE HELL IN, THANK YOU. All books will be linked down below.

Is there any title you see you've read? Or any you might be interested in?
Which books did you acquire in October?


Here is a list of all the titles:

- The Book of Dust by Philip Pullman
- If We Were Villains by M.L.Rio
- Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
- Akata Witch by Nnedi Okorafor
- El conde de Montecristo by Alexandre Dumas
- The Poinsonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
- How Green Was My Valley by Richard Llewellyn
- The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters
- The Cranes Dance by Meg Howrey

Follow

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review // The Improbability of Love by Hannah Rothschild

The Improbability of Love  by Hannah Rothschild { Goodreads } Published by Bloomsbury in 2016 Paperback edition; 479 pages { BookDepository } The Improbability of Love follows a bunch of different characters all involved in different ways with the art-world scene in London when a very famous painting –which gives name to the novel – is found by Annie, the main protagonist we could say, in a thrift shop. Don’t be fooled by the cover which screams chick-lit through and through; the novel deals with so much more.

Book Review // Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea

Because of Mr. Terupt  by Rob Buyea { Goodreads } Published by Yearling in 2011 Paperback edition; 288 pages { BookDepository } " Features seven narrators, each with a unique story, and each with a different perspective on what makes their teacher so special.  It’s the start of fifth grade for seven kids at Snow Hill School. There’s . . .  Jessica,  the new girl, smart and perceptive, who’s having a hard time fitting in;  Alexia,  a bully, your friend one second, your enemy the next;  Peter,  class prankster and troublemaker;  Luke,  the brain;  Danielle, who never stands up for herself; shy  Anna,  whose home situation makes her an outcast; and  Jeffrey,  who hates school.  Only Mr. Terupt, their new and energetic teacher, seems to know how to deal with them all. He makes the classroom a fun place, even if he doesn’t let them get away with much . . . until the snowy winter day when an accident...

How I Rate Books

For quite a while now I’ve seen loads of people talking about how they rate the books they read. And so I thought about doing my own post because it is true the way I rate books has changed and so I wanted to discuss it with you guys. The main thing that inspired me to do this post is Helene’s Jeppesen video about it.