Tome Topple readathon has been around for a while but I've never participated before. Until now. I just felt like reading some of the longest books on my TBR and this just gave me the perfect excuse for that. Essentially, the readathon is about reading books that are over 500-pages long. It runs from the 17th to the 30th of November and there are some challenges that people can follow - I'm not following all but I did pick up some books on my shelves that can be used for some of them.
- Read more than one tome.
- Read a graphic novel (there aren't many standalone graphic novels that are over 500-pages long so in this case you can pick bind-ups).
- Read a tome that is part of a series.
- Buddy read a tome.
- Read an adult novel.
- Wildwood by Colin Meloy & illustrated by Carson Ellis. This one is 560 pages-long and I'm using it for the read a tome challenge.
- The Amber Spyglass by Phillip Pullman. This one is for the read a tome that is part of a series and it's 522-pages long.
- The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov. This is for the read an adult novel and it's 528-pages long.
- It's Not Me, it's You by Mhairi McFarlane. This one doesn't really tick off any of the other challenges but, of all the books I've picked, it's been on my TBR the longest. It's 544-pages long.
And all four go for the read more than one tome challenge. I do have other books in mind if any of these don't work but in all honesty I'll be happy if I manage to read two of the books in the span of the readathon.
The co-hosts (there is a ton of people organising this so I'm gonna link them below):
Are any of you participating?