Skip to main content

Book Haul # 2 Part 2

A week ago I posted the first part of a book haul and I promised you will get the second part as soon as possible so no more waiting! Here it is! All this books were purchased between the end of August/beginning of September. Wanna see some awesome books? Keep reading!




  • The Falconer by Elizabeth May
  • The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead
  • The Pirate’s Wish by Cassandra Rose Clarke
  • Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea
  • Let’s Get Lost by Adi Alsaid
  • Alias Hook by Lisa Jensen
  • Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
  • La Caza del Nigromante by Antonio Martín Morales
  • Percy Jackson’s Greek Gods by Rick Riordan & John Rocco




I bought Let’s Get Lost because I love road trip books and the premise looked good but the reviews have not been the greatest. I’m still gonna give it a go. I blame booktuber Riley for the next one: Alias Hook. I saw it in one of her videos and I feel drawn not only with the cover but also with the plot: Hook is the good guy and Peter Pan not so much. Lastly here is a Spanish fantasy book called La Caza del Nigromante (The Hunt of the Necromancer) which looks quite good. Also it has a map inside, which I love:





One of my favourite reads this year so far has been Wonder by R. J. Palacio and I’ve been on a mission to hunt down some contemporary middle-grade books. Because of Mr. Terupt was recommended to me by Goodreads and once I read the summary I had to buy it. The Fiery Heart is the fourth installment of the Bloodlines series, the spin-off series of Vampire Academy. I own the last 3 books in paperback so I have to buy the forth one in the same format but let me tell you this: HOLY SHIT THESE COVERS ARE HIDEOUS! Sometimes I think about purchasing the hardbacks because then I can throw the dust-jacket to the bin and all left will be some beautiful black books with lovely spines. Then we have The Pirate’s Wish and I just bought this because I have the first book in the duology, The Assassin’s Curse, and in case you don’t know the publishing company closed recently and these books will no longer be available so yeah, had to get it.




Then we have two books based on Scotland. First, The Falconer which is a fantasy book and then we have Outlander and if you haven’t heard about this book I don’t know where you have been hiding lately because is all over the book community thanks to the TV show which is incredibly fantastic and so awesome and I’m in love.




Last but not least we have the humongous but beautiful book Percy Jackson’s Greek Gods and is like a big encyclopedia in which Percy tells us his stories with different Greek gods. And let me tell you that this book is beautiful and I need to prove it so here you have a few pictures. Drool time:


    


And that’s the end of Part 2. Hope you like it =)

  Go to Part 1!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vintage Classics: Brontë Series

Maybe you don’t know this about me but I collect different edition of Jane Eyre and when I learnt that Vintage was releasing the new Brontë series I just couldn’t say no. 

Book Review // Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea

Because of Mr. Terupt  by Rob Buyea { Goodreads } Published by Yearling in 2011 Paperback edition; 288 pages { BookDepository } " Features seven narrators, each with a unique story, and each with a different perspective on what makes their teacher so special.  It’s the start of fifth grade for seven kids at Snow Hill School. There’s . . .  Jessica,  the new girl, smart and perceptive, who’s having a hard time fitting in;  Alexia,  a bully, your friend one second, your enemy the next;  Peter,  class prankster and troublemaker;  Luke,  the brain;  Danielle, who never stands up for herself; shy  Anna,  whose home situation makes her an outcast; and  Jeffrey,  who hates school.  Only Mr. Terupt, their new and energetic teacher, seems to know how to deal with them all. He makes the classroom a fun place, even if he doesn’t let them get away with much . . . until the snowy winter day when an accident changes everything—and everyone. "

Reading Diary | February Books | 2018

Feb, 1st - 15:15. Finished the second book in the first volume of the Riyria Revelations and I was pleasantly surprised. I still think the world building is the weakest thing about the story because it's not greatly developed but the story is well-written and entertaining. I'm planning on continuing reading the series because now I'm intrigued enough to want to know how everything will unfold. Feb, 7th - 10:33.  I'm finally prepared to go and see the movie Call Me By Your Name because I just finished reading the novel. I enjoyed it quite a bit. It is a celebration of love and an exploration of sex and identity. It's quite explicit though so if you feel uncomfortable with that keep it in mind if you're planning on reading it. My full review of the book is HERE (I also talk a little bit about the movie).