Skip to main content

Ten Book Challenge Tag


Thank you so much Jess over at My Reading Dress (go follow her!) for tagging me to do the Ten Book Challenge Tag. I thought this was gonna be a hard one to do but actually, the books titles emerged from my brain quite easily.


This tag consists of: “All you need to do is list ten books that have stayed with you in some way. Do not take more than a few minutes, and do not think about it too hard. They do not have to be the 'right' books or great works of literature, just ones that have affected you in some way. Paste these instructions and tag ten friends. Be sure to let me know so that I can see your list!” Disclaimer here: it’s quite hard to tag 10 people so I may change that. Here my list of ten books: 




Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban/the Goblet of Fire by J. K. Rowling
Being honest, I should include the whole series but I’m picking these because from them on the issues and situations the characters had to face were darker and more mature and it showed a perfect transition from kid’s books to young adult’s books.





Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë
Charlotte crafted, in my opinion, one of the bravest and greatest female characters in literature and that’s the main reason this book is on the list. Also, I highly enjoyed the story and the twists and EVERYTHING. GO READ IT! 





Memorias de Idhún. La Resistencia by Laura Gallego (translation here: Memories of Idhún. The Resistance)
This is the first book in a trilogy and I was obsessed with it for so long during my early teen years (I read it when I was 14) that it has to be in the list. Is a fantasy book with a mix of loads of creatures: unicorns, werewolves, dragons, fairies and so on. Fun fact: I was 2 pages in when I got spoiled (HORROR!) but I ended up enjoying it A LOT anyways.





Wonder by R. J. Palacio
This book is bound to be one of my favourite books of all time. It made me reconnect with middle-grade contemporary books but that’s not just the whole reason. It is a beautiful book with such a powerful message that is perfect for any reader, younger and older. 






Beowulf (translated by Seamus Heaney).
“What?” you may be wondering… but this poem was the very first thing I had to read for my English Literature & Culture degree and it meant that I was finally doing what I love the most so yeah! Even though it wasn’t the easiest thing to read it turned out to be great and I enjoyed it a lot.







Dragonlance: Chronicles (trilogy) by Margaret Weis & Tracy Hickman
I read this like a billion years ago and they were my first ever adult high fantasy reads because a school friend recommended it to me. The books are amazing and they will always have a special spot in my heart.






The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
Maybe this book is about the building of a cathedral but really it is a masterpiece that shows how cruel human beings can be when they only care about power and how corrosive power can be but also the true and delicate nature of human kindness.





The Five Find-Outers (series) by Enid Blyton
I’m taking as a whole the entire series of 15 books. These books accompanied me during several of my childhood summers. I would love to re-read them one day.








The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson.
Unfortunately Larsson died suddenly before he could see the last book of his trilogy published and we readers will never know how many great books Larsson could have written but if we only take into account the three books he published you can bet your life future works of him would have been brutally fantastic just as the Millennium trilogy is. He was a brilliant writer.






The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger.
I know loads of people hate this book but it actually helped me a lot. When I decided to read it I did it out of curiosity and I connected with Holden because I felt alone and lost as well when I read it. It basically helped me carry on.






Those are my picks! And now is time to tag some people:

Jules @ Book of Jules



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vintage Classics: Brontë Series

Maybe you don’t know this about me but I collect different edition of Jane Eyre and when I learnt that Vintage was releasing the new Brontë series I just couldn’t say no. 

Book Review // Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea

Because of Mr. Terupt  by Rob Buyea { Goodreads } Published by Yearling in 2011 Paperback edition; 288 pages { BookDepository } " Features seven narrators, each with a unique story, and each with a different perspective on what makes their teacher so special.  It’s the start of fifth grade for seven kids at Snow Hill School. There’s . . .  Jessica,  the new girl, smart and perceptive, who’s having a hard time fitting in;  Alexia,  a bully, your friend one second, your enemy the next;  Peter,  class prankster and troublemaker;  Luke,  the brain;  Danielle, who never stands up for herself; shy  Anna,  whose home situation makes her an outcast; and  Jeffrey,  who hates school.  Only Mr. Terupt, their new and energetic teacher, seems to know how to deal with them all. He makes the classroom a fun place, even if he doesn’t let them get away with much . . . until the snowy winter day when an accident changes everything—and everyone. "

Reading Diary | February Books | 2018

Feb, 1st - 15:15. Finished the second book in the first volume of the Riyria Revelations and I was pleasantly surprised. I still think the world building is the weakest thing about the story because it's not greatly developed but the story is well-written and entertaining. I'm planning on continuing reading the series because now I'm intrigued enough to want to know how everything will unfold. Feb, 7th - 10:33.  I'm finally prepared to go and see the movie Call Me By Your Name because I just finished reading the novel. I enjoyed it quite a bit. It is a celebration of love and an exploration of sex and identity. It's quite explicit though so if you feel uncomfortable with that keep it in mind if you're planning on reading it. My full review of the book is HERE (I also talk a little bit about the movie).