The lovely Brittany over at Space Between The Spines tagged me to do The Christmas Carol Book Tag and even though it has taken me awhile, I finally got the chance to write all the answers to the questions this morning to finally share them with you all. Let’s start, shall we? ;)
1. "You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch" - Name a villainous character you can't help but love to hate.
When trying to answer this question I decided at first to go with Joffrey Baratheon from Game of Thrones but technically I love to hate him in the TV Show because the actor does a terrific job really. In the books he is just a ****head and I don’t enjoy hating him; I simply hate him. So, I’ve been thinking and can Hera from Percy Jackson counts? I mean, she’s not like a proper villain but she’s a major pain in the ass and she’s a bit shady. I just love to dislike her.
2. "All I Want for Christmas Is You" - What book do you most want to find under your Christmas tree this year?
It’s not a book, but a boxset really. I suppose you know Bloomsbury came out with new editions of Harry Potter and excuse me while I say they are a complete stunner! So it would be amaze-balls if I could find that on my Christmas tree. My family knows that I really want that one so fingers crossed!
3. "Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer" - Name your favorite character that had to overcome a major obstacle. Why are they your favorite?
Again I could pick loads of characters but I would go with Aliena from The Pillars of the Earth. She had to overcome quite a lot of obstacles and she always did it being true to herself. And that’s why she’s my favourite because she was always strong even though when she didn’t want to. She kept going and going, no matter what.
4. "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" - Which character do you think is at the top of Santa's "Nice" List and which is at the top of his "Naughty" List?
5. "Frosty the Snowman" - What book just melts your heart?
Wonder by R. J. Palacio. Read it, and you would know what I mean.
6. "Feliz Navidad" - Your favorite book that takes place in a country other than your own?
This one wasn’t harder at all taking into account there are not many books I’ve read set in Spain. I’m picking Jane Eyre, maybe it’s not my favourite book of all time (I don’t even know if I can choose one really) but it’s my favourite Classic.
7. "It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year" - What book do you read to get you into the Christmas spirit?
Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone. Why? Well, because in this one the Christmas time for Harry is so special. It’s not only the first time he can celebrate it but also the first time he gets presents and it was a big deal.
8. "Sleigh Ride" - What character would you most want to spend the holiday with?
Ahhhhh, so hard! Okay, not a character, but an entire family. That’s right folks, I mean THE WEASLEYS! Can you imagine spending the holidays in The Burrow with all of them? SO. MUCH. FUN. I. CANNOT. HANDLE. THE. EXCITEMENT.
9. "Baby It's Cold Outside" - Which book do you hate so much you'd sacrifice it to the fire to stay warm?
Okay, first I need to say that burning books is awful and I would never do it. Maybe I can hate the books and honestly? the pages aren’t to blame. That said I would sacrifice Fifty Shades of Grey. And I don’t think I need to explain this one, right?
10. "Do You Hear What I Hear?" - What book would you recommend to everyone?
And it's the moment to tag some people!
Jess @ My Reading Dress
Sarah @ Bookish Retreat
Veronica @ Reading Is Dreaming with Open Eyes
Connie @ The YA Book Thief