Skip to main content

April Wrap-Up!


April is officially over and with it’s time for another monthly wrap-up! April has been quite a good reading month: 7 books, one play and one novella. Happy me!

1. Legend by Marie Lu
2. Duchess of Malfi by John Webster (included in the Norton Anthology of English Literature)
3. Daimon by Jennifer. L. Armentrout
4. Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier
5. Sapphire Blue by Kerstin Gier
6. The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black
7. Emerald Green by Kerstin Gier
8. Prodigy by Marie Lu
9. The Gift of Charms by Julia Suzuki (Kindle version)

I started Legend on March but I finished the 1st of April and I was very happy with the start of this trilogy, very promising. Apart from a few problems it was great so I gave it 4 stars.


Then I had to read the Duchess of Malfi for, again, my Renaissance English Literature Class and I DID NOT enjoy this play at all. It was not my cup of tea and I normally really like tragedies. Anyway I ended up giving it 2 stars just because everybody dies at the end (don’t judge me please!).

After that I needed some light reading and since the Covenant series by Jennifer. L. Armentrout has been on my shelf for quite some time I decided to read the novella Daimon, which is a previous story to Half Blood, and see what I could expect. I liked it and I will definitely pick up the whole series soon enough.  I gave it 4 stars.

Soon after I still wasn’t in the mood for a heavy read so I picked up Ruby Red and I absolutely adored this book, it was super funny and I flew through it. 4 stars I gave it, as you might guess. Immediately after I started Sapphire Blue, the second book of the trilogy, and I really enjoyed it, so 4 stars to Sapphire Blue as well

While reading Sapphire Blue I also started The Coldest Girl in Coldtown. This novel was outstanding and a very well deserved five-star book. If you like your vampires but want a refreshing touch add to them read this book because you won’t regret it.

Later on I decided to finish the Ruby Red trilogy so Emerald Green was next and to be honest I was a bit of a letdown really. Anyways, if you want to know my thoughts about the whole trilogy go here Ă  http://adayinbookland.blogspot.com.es/2014/04/the-ruby-red-trilogy-by-kerstin-gier.html

So, after that I wanted to continue with the Legend trilogy and I picked up Prodigy and I loved every bit of it. And I’m quite eager to read Champion now and see how this story ends. I rated it 5 stars, duh!

Lastly, I read The Gift of Charms, a middle-grade fantasy book, and my goodness was this super awesome! The author sent me a review cope and I loved it completely. Amazingly good! 5 stars, no doubt there.


So, that’s my wrap-up! Let me know how you’ve done this month and go find me on Goodreads!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review // The Improbability of Love by Hannah Rothschild

The Improbability of Love  by Hannah Rothschild { Goodreads } Published by Bloomsbury in 2016 Paperback edition; 479 pages { BookDepository } The Improbability of Love follows a bunch of different characters all involved in different ways with the art-world scene in London when a very famous painting –which gives name to the novel – is found by Annie, the main protagonist we could say, in a thrift shop. Don’t be fooled by the cover which screams chick-lit through and through; the novel deals with so much more.

Book Review // Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea

Because of Mr. Terupt  by Rob Buyea { Goodreads } Published by Yearling in 2011 Paperback edition; 288 pages { BookDepository } " Features seven narrators, each with a unique story, and each with a different perspective on what makes their teacher so special.  It’s the start of fifth grade for seven kids at Snow Hill School. There’s . . .  Jessica,  the new girl, smart and perceptive, who’s having a hard time fitting in;  Alexia,  a bully, your friend one second, your enemy the next;  Peter,  class prankster and troublemaker;  Luke,  the brain;  Danielle, who never stands up for herself; shy  Anna,  whose home situation makes her an outcast; and  Jeffrey,  who hates school.  Only Mr. Terupt, their new and energetic teacher, seems to know how to deal with them all. He makes the classroom a fun place, even if he doesn’t let them get away with much . . . until the snowy winter day when an accident...

How I Rate Books

For quite a while now I’ve seen loads of people talking about how they rate the books they read. And so I thought about doing my own post because it is true the way I rate books has changed and so I wanted to discuss it with you guys. The main thing that inspired me to do this post is Helene’s Jeppesen video about it.