Skip to main content

Slumps

It feels like ages since I've sit down to write a post and unfortunately it isn't the one I wanted to write about. I've been feeling funny lately. I'm kind of in a general slump. I've been reading, but I just can't bring myself to write down a review or simply a discussion post even though I have a few ideas. 

I wish sometimes I could be more consistent and upload regularly, or even have things already prepared, so when I don't feel like doing anything at least something will pop up and the blog will not feel so lonely in a way. I wanted to write a review for Animal Farm, which I loved by the way, but I haven't and tomorrow I'm going to Valencia and then to my parent's village and I won't most likely post a damn thing in August and that makes me both sad and furious at myself: sad, because I really wanted to get into the blogging wagon again. I miss not only posting here but also commenting on other people's blog. And I sincerely apologise for not doing so in the last couple of days. Furious, because even though I always tell myself to do things when I have to, I end up not doing anything. I know I'm lazy but this is getting ridiculous. If anyone sees my willpower, can you send it to me please? That would be lovely indeed.

So anyways, this is just a very lame attempt to justify my absence. I don't like it but I'm feeling very slumpy in general and I know that I would rather step back than push too much and end up burning myself out.

I hope you guys are having a phenomenal summer!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review // The Improbability of Love by Hannah Rothschild

The Improbability of Love  by Hannah Rothschild { Goodreads } Published by Bloomsbury in 2016 Paperback edition; 479 pages { BookDepository } The Improbability of Love follows a bunch of different characters all involved in different ways with the art-world scene in London when a very famous painting –which gives name to the novel – is found by Annie, the main protagonist we could say, in a thrift shop. Don’t be fooled by the cover which screams chick-lit through and through; the novel deals with so much more.

Book Review // Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea

Because of Mr. Terupt  by Rob Buyea { Goodreads } Published by Yearling in 2011 Paperback edition; 288 pages { BookDepository } " Features seven narrators, each with a unique story, and each with a different perspective on what makes their teacher so special.  It’s the start of fifth grade for seven kids at Snow Hill School. There’s . . .  Jessica,  the new girl, smart and perceptive, who’s having a hard time fitting in;  Alexia,  a bully, your friend one second, your enemy the next;  Peter,  class prankster and troublemaker;  Luke,  the brain;  Danielle, who never stands up for herself; shy  Anna,  whose home situation makes her an outcast; and  Jeffrey,  who hates school.  Only Mr. Terupt, their new and energetic teacher, seems to know how to deal with them all. He makes the classroom a fun place, even if he doesn’t let them get away with much . . . until the snowy winter day when an accident...

How I Rate Books

For quite a while now I’ve seen loads of people talking about how they rate the books they read. And so I thought about doing my own post because it is true the way I rate books has changed and so I wanted to discuss it with you guys. The main thing that inspired me to do this post is Helene’s Jeppesen video about it.