Skip to main content

Weekend Reads | 12.05.17


I apologise for not uploading anything in the blog this week but my stress is off the roofs recently because finals start in two weeks and revising is killing me and everything frustrates me and I don't have the energy to sit down and write a proper blogpost because I feel really guilty. That's why I haven't actually do any blog hopping either. However, I didn't wanna leave the blog unattended for the next month and a half so I'm just gonna write weekend reads posts until my finals are over and my brain is free.

I'm currently reading Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman and so far, so good. I'm not even 100 pages in but it's a nice read. Taking it slow though because to be honest I'm not reading much, not even the 30 min I always try to read every day. If I manage 10 minutes, that's a lot. I just feel guilty and I hate it. Anyways, enough self-pity for now. How about you guys? Anything exciting happening this weekend?

Follow

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review // The Improbability of Love by Hannah Rothschild

The Improbability of Love  by Hannah Rothschild { Goodreads } Published by Bloomsbury in 2016 Paperback edition; 479 pages { BookDepository } The Improbability of Love follows a bunch of different characters all involved in different ways with the art-world scene in London when a very famous painting –which gives name to the novel – is found by Annie, the main protagonist we could say, in a thrift shop. Don’t be fooled by the cover which screams chick-lit through and through; the novel deals with so much more.

Book Review // Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea

Because of Mr. Terupt  by Rob Buyea { Goodreads } Published by Yearling in 2011 Paperback edition; 288 pages { BookDepository } " Features seven narrators, each with a unique story, and each with a different perspective on what makes their teacher so special.  It’s the start of fifth grade for seven kids at Snow Hill School. There’s . . .  Jessica,  the new girl, smart and perceptive, who’s having a hard time fitting in;  Alexia,  a bully, your friend one second, your enemy the next;  Peter,  class prankster and troublemaker;  Luke,  the brain;  Danielle, who never stands up for herself; shy  Anna,  whose home situation makes her an outcast; and  Jeffrey,  who hates school.  Only Mr. Terupt, their new and energetic teacher, seems to know how to deal with them all. He makes the classroom a fun place, even if he doesn’t let them get away with much . . . until the snowy winter day when an accident...

How I Rate Books

For quite a while now I’ve seen loads of people talking about how they rate the books they read. And so I thought about doing my own post because it is true the way I rate books has changed and so I wanted to discuss it with you guys. The main thing that inspired me to do this post is Helene’s Jeppesen video about it.