TOP TEN TUESDAY is a weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.
Have you ever finished a book and then wonder what would have been of those characters you either loved or hated after the novel ended? I do. Constantly. I love to day-dream about how the lives of those characters went afterwards. The possibilities are endless and so this week I’m gonna tell you my top 10 characters I would love to check in with.
- Amy & Roger from Amy & Roger’s Epic Detour. Am I the only one who didn’t want the book to end? I wanted to know more! And I wish we could get a sequel just to see how their story continued.
- Simon from The Mortal Instruments Series. Okay, I know Simon is getting now his own novellas but it’s not enough for me. Being honest I don’t think I will keep reading the next two series Cassandra is releasing but I wouldn’t mind an entire book focused on Simon 10/15 years after the novellas.
- Jaqen H’ghar from Game of Thrones. I won’t say much about this character because I consider a spoiler even the tiniest amount of information regarding this series (even if it’s not) but I will say that this character is fantastic and he deserves more “page-time” (I don’t even know if that’s a word but we are gonna go with it, yes?).
- Emma Woodhouse from Emma. I adored her. I know many people can’t stand Emma but I did. Yes, I found her a bit irritating yet hilarious and after the ending I wondered many times how her life continued on.
- Auggie Pullman from Wonder. Wonder was my favourite book in 2014 for a reason and it will always hold a special place in my heart. Auggie was a brilliant kiddo and I do wanna know how he did during his next school years and how he kept being a wonder indeed.
- The Weasley Family from Harry Potter. Not only one of them but all because therefore I would know about most of the characters as well. Yes, I’m aware I’m cheating but it is Harry Potter and you know how I feel about it. It shouldn’t be a surprise hahaha.
- Jane Eyre from Jane Eyre (excuse the redundancy). Another classic character that I felt in love with. Jane was a phenomenal heroine and after the events of the book I craved for more.
- Wade from Ready Player One. Another favourite of mine from last year. I had a blast reading this book and Wade was one of those flawed characters who stumbles over and over but he always get up, ready to fight for what he believes. I wish we could have known what happened to both OASIS and the players once the novel ended.
- Holden Caulfield from The Catcher in the Rye. My favourite modern classic (as of right now). Why? Because of the instant connection I had with Holden and can you picture him as an adult? Would he have changed? Or not? So there's that!
- Connor from A Monster Calls. Middle grade books do something to me. I can’t explain it properly but they get beneath my skin and they make me bawl my eyes out, both in a good and a bad way. A Monster Calls was no exception and Connor is another character I would love to check in with.
And that is all for another Top Ten Tuesday. Let me know below if you fantasize sometimes about the lives of those characters you read long ago :)
For more bookish updates you can add me on Goodreads!