Skip to main content

December 2015


December has been long gone and I’m aware this wrap-up comes to you a bit late but besides the Christmas madness, I’m also being giving all my time to catching up with Uni work. I haven’t even been reading that much. In fact, I haven’t really opened a book in the last two weeks. Anyways, the most noteworthy thing that happened during December was Star Wars. One of my sisters and I did a marathon for the previous six films (I had previously seen the 3 prequels) but we both wanted to see this new film and we thought doing a marathon would be a nice idea and oh boy, did we enjoy it! And the new film is epicness personified. We went to the movie theater with a friend of mine and all of us had a terrific time. When the movie ended, we were like: “nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, we want more and more and more”. Waiting for Episode VIII is gonna be torture for sure! Have you guys seen the movie?

I also spent a lot of time with both family and friends. Needless to say, my stomach has felt quite loved during the last week of the month but she – my stomach is a she – is now ready for me to stop. She’s begging me to stop and can you really blame her? However, we still have to celebrate The Three Wise Men/Kings day here in Spain and the amount of roscón I’m gonna have to eat will put me into a food coma for sure.

In December I read 14 books but really, 8 of them were quite short (7 were Little Black Classics and the other was a short story by Faulkner for my American Literature course). In December I said goodbye to two series: The Lunar Chronicles and The Song of the Lioness quartet. The former, I was very sad to let go because it was amazing and I cannot wait for the novellas to come out in a bind-up next February. The latter I was very eager to finish; I had so many problems with it, especially the lack of depth of the whole story but I think I will do a non-spoiler review talking about what went wrong with it. And I finally started rereading Harry Potter and oh my god, it was so nice to be back in the world. Also, Jim Kay’s illustrations are beautiful and I cannot wait for the next books to come out with his work within it.

I have no plans for January except studying, studying and wait for it… studying. However, I wanna keep rereading Harry Potter (I’m still halfway through The Chamber of Secrets) and maybe squeeze a few other titles in there. I have no hopes for that to happen though because this reading slump is going strong with each day and frankly speaking, with all the stress regarding University, putting  pressure on myself to read it’s not gonna help me in the slightest. Also, I might be a bit absent during January and the beginning of February and so I won’t be as active with not only my blogging, but also with commenting on other people’s blog but I’m gonna try my best to dedicate some time for it *fingers crossed*

I hope January is going good for you so far! And Happy (belated) New Year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review // The Improbability of Love by Hannah Rothschild

The Improbability of Love  by Hannah Rothschild { Goodreads } Published by Bloomsbury in 2016 Paperback edition; 479 pages { BookDepository } The Improbability of Love follows a bunch of different characters all involved in different ways with the art-world scene in London when a very famous painting –which gives name to the novel – is found by Annie, the main protagonist we could say, in a thrift shop. Don’t be fooled by the cover which screams chick-lit through and through; the novel deals with so much more.

Book Review // Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea

Because of Mr. Terupt  by Rob Buyea { Goodreads } Published by Yearling in 2011 Paperback edition; 288 pages { BookDepository } " Features seven narrators, each with a unique story, and each with a different perspective on what makes their teacher so special.  It’s the start of fifth grade for seven kids at Snow Hill School. There’s . . .  Jessica,  the new girl, smart and perceptive, who’s having a hard time fitting in;  Alexia,  a bully, your friend one second, your enemy the next;  Peter,  class prankster and troublemaker;  Luke,  the brain;  Danielle, who never stands up for herself; shy  Anna,  whose home situation makes her an outcast; and  Jeffrey,  who hates school.  Only Mr. Terupt, their new and energetic teacher, seems to know how to deal with them all. He makes the classroom a fun place, even if he doesn’t let them get away with much . . . until the snowy winter day when an accident...

How I Rate Books

For quite a while now I’ve seen loads of people talking about how they rate the books they read. And so I thought about doing my own post because it is true the way I rate books has changed and so I wanted to discuss it with you guys. The main thing that inspired me to do this post is Helene’s Jeppesen video about it.