Skip to main content

Asian Readathon TBR


I have decided to take part in the asian readathon. I am aware there are some prompts to follow but I pretty much believe the books in my list fill them perfectly. The only prompt I will not be doing is reading Little Fires Everywhere mainly because I have already read it and it's not a book I'm interested in rereading.

Here is the physical list:
  • A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry
  • The Beast Player by Nahoko Uehashi
  • The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy
  • On Earth We're Briefly Gorgeous by Ocean Voung
  • The Map of Salt and Stars by Zeyn Joukhadar
  • The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
However, there are some other titles I own as ebooks that will work as back up in case I finish my physical TBR:
  • The Sleepwalker's Guide to Dancing by Mira Jacob
  • Anna K by Jenny Lee
  • Territory of Light by Yuko Tsushima
  • Your House Will Pay by Steph Cha
  • The Immortals of Tehran by Ali Araghi
  • The Mountains Sing by Nguyen Phan Que Mai
  • The Beauty of Your Face by Sahar Mustafah
Follow

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review // The Improbability of Love by Hannah Rothschild

The Improbability of Love  by Hannah Rothschild { Goodreads } Published by Bloomsbury in 2016 Paperback edition; 479 pages { BookDepository } The Improbability of Love follows a bunch of different characters all involved in different ways with the art-world scene in London when a very famous painting –which gives name to the novel – is found by Annie, the main protagonist we could say, in a thrift shop. Don’t be fooled by the cover which screams chick-lit through and through; the novel deals with so much more.

Book Review // Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea

Because of Mr. Terupt  by Rob Buyea { Goodreads } Published by Yearling in 2011 Paperback edition; 288 pages { BookDepository } " Features seven narrators, each with a unique story, and each with a different perspective on what makes their teacher so special.  It’s the start of fifth grade for seven kids at Snow Hill School. There’s . . .  Jessica,  the new girl, smart and perceptive, who’s having a hard time fitting in;  Alexia,  a bully, your friend one second, your enemy the next;  Peter,  class prankster and troublemaker;  Luke,  the brain;  Danielle, who never stands up for herself; shy  Anna,  whose home situation makes her an outcast; and  Jeffrey,  who hates school.  Only Mr. Terupt, their new and energetic teacher, seems to know how to deal with them all. He makes the classroom a fun place, even if he doesn’t let them get away with much . . . until the snowy winter day when an accident...

How I Rate Books

For quite a while now I’ve seen loads of people talking about how they rate the books they read. And so I thought about doing my own post because it is true the way I rate books has changed and so I wanted to discuss it with you guys. The main thing that inspired me to do this post is Helene’s Jeppesen video about it.