Skip to main content

Last Now Next #2


LAST - You Should See Me in a Crown. This is a feel good type of book; it is cheesy and over the top but that's the point. It's a book that despite having characters dealing with difficult issues, gives you joy, steals a smile from you and makes you believe in good things happening to good people. I wish though Liz's and Robbie's relationship have been explored more because it was one of the elements I liked the most at the beginning of the book and thought the sibling's dynamic was going to be pivotal point but despite the reader knowing how much they love and care about each other, I wanted more scenes of them together, as well as with their grandparents.

NOW - Stamped From the Beginning. I am going to focus on this book until I finish it. I went on a mini-holiday and didn't take it with me and so fell behind on my reading. It's a book you need to read slowly to be able to process everything but this one should be mandatory for everybody.
.
NEXT - Love After Love & Hamnet. I wanted to read the latter when it came out and I got it in April but since it deals with grief I didn't think I was ready for it at the time. Maybe it would've helped me but it's a triggering issue for me and I thought it best to wait a bit. I think I'm ready for it now. And I got Love After Love after a bookstagrammer recommendation and I cannot wait to dive into it.

Follow

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review // The Improbability of Love by Hannah Rothschild

The Improbability of Love  by Hannah Rothschild { Goodreads } Published by Bloomsbury in 2016 Paperback edition; 479 pages { BookDepository } The Improbability of Love follows a bunch of different characters all involved in different ways with the art-world scene in London when a very famous painting –which gives name to the novel – is found by Annie, the main protagonist we could say, in a thrift shop. Don’t be fooled by the cover which screams chick-lit through and through; the novel deals with so much more.

Book Review // Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea

Because of Mr. Terupt  by Rob Buyea { Goodreads } Published by Yearling in 2011 Paperback edition; 288 pages { BookDepository } " Features seven narrators, each with a unique story, and each with a different perspective on what makes their teacher so special.  It’s the start of fifth grade for seven kids at Snow Hill School. There’s . . .  Jessica,  the new girl, smart and perceptive, who’s having a hard time fitting in;  Alexia,  a bully, your friend one second, your enemy the next;  Peter,  class prankster and troublemaker;  Luke,  the brain;  Danielle, who never stands up for herself; shy  Anna,  whose home situation makes her an outcast; and  Jeffrey,  who hates school.  Only Mr. Terupt, their new and energetic teacher, seems to know how to deal with them all. He makes the classroom a fun place, even if he doesn’t let them get away with much . . . until the snowy winter day when an accident...

How I Rate Books

For quite a while now I’ve seen loads of people talking about how they rate the books they read. And so I thought about doing my own post because it is true the way I rate books has changed and so I wanted to discuss it with you guys. The main thing that inspired me to do this post is Helene’s Jeppesen video about it.