Skip to main content

Plain Bad Heroines by emily m. danforth | 2021 Reads


Plain Bad Heroines by emily m. danforth. I truly thought I would love this and I didn't. I enjoyed it and I am glad I read it but I will be lying if I said I am not disappointed. What I loved about this book was the first part of the story and Libby's storyline during the second part, as well as the atmosphere danforth managed to create throughout; but all in all, I expected more. Something was missing for me and I found the last chapter very underwhelming: I was expecting the two storylines (the present one and the past one) to fully merge but it felt like they never did so what was the point really?

However, concerning my overall enjoyment of the story, I do think I am to blame, partially, for not giving it my full attention and instead reading it here and there. My enjoyment - and especially my engagement with the novel - would have been greater had I read it more consistently. Maybe it is one to reread in the future.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review // The Improbability of Love by Hannah Rothschild

The Improbability of Love  by Hannah Rothschild { Goodreads } Published by Bloomsbury in 2016 Paperback edition; 479 pages { BookDepository } The Improbability of Love follows a bunch of different characters all involved in different ways with the art-world scene in London when a very famous painting –which gives name to the novel – is found by Annie, the main protagonist we could say, in a thrift shop. Don’t be fooled by the cover which screams chick-lit through and through; the novel deals with so much more.

Book Review // Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea

Because of Mr. Terupt  by Rob Buyea { Goodreads } Published by Yearling in 2011 Paperback edition; 288 pages { BookDepository } " Features seven narrators, each with a unique story, and each with a different perspective on what makes their teacher so special.  It’s the start of fifth grade for seven kids at Snow Hill School. There’s . . .  Jessica,  the new girl, smart and perceptive, who’s having a hard time fitting in;  Alexia,  a bully, your friend one second, your enemy the next;  Peter,  class prankster and troublemaker;  Luke,  the brain;  Danielle, who never stands up for herself; shy  Anna,  whose home situation makes her an outcast; and  Jeffrey,  who hates school.  Only Mr. Terupt, their new and energetic teacher, seems to know how to deal with them all. He makes the classroom a fun place, even if he doesn’t let them get away with much . . . until the snowy winter day when an accident...

How I Rate Books

For quite a while now I’ve seen loads of people talking about how they rate the books they read. And so I thought about doing my own post because it is true the way I rate books has changed and so I wanted to discuss it with you guys. The main thing that inspired me to do this post is Helene’s Jeppesen video about it.