TOP TEN TUESDAY is a weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.
I know this is supposed to be a Top Ten Tuesday but I only have 7 books to talk about today. All of them are books I read during my childhood and some would say my early teen years (11-12) that I would love to re-read again for whatever reasons.
- The Famous Five series by Enid Blyton. I remember collecting these books (21 in total) when I was a kid and devouring them. I wanna read them all one day, if I finally find the time.
- Matilda by Roald Dahl. Who hasn’t read Matilda? Or at least, watched the movie?
- Northern Lights by Philip Pullman. I never really read the entire His Dark Materials series; I read the first book and that was it. Honestly, I don’t know why I stopped since I really enjoyed the first book but then a friend of mine who did continue didn’t like the ending and so I lost interest. I’ve heard many mixed things about the series but for whatever reason, I feel like I wanna read it all and see for myself. What is there to lose?
- The Witches by Roald Dahl. Again another Dahl book. I read this in school. It was required reading in primary school for us and then, we watched the movie. It was awesome. Scary sometimes, but awesome nonetheless.
- The Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien. Back in 2001, when I was 10, the movie came out. I watched it and absolutely loved it. And so, after that, I had to read the books. I haven’t read them since and I do really want to get back into the world and read them in English this time.
- The Neverending Story by Michael Ende. One of my aunts lent me her copy of The Neverending Story and I felt in love with it. It was marvellous to read and probably the very first fantasy book I read. I wish I could read in German so I can read it in the language it was originally published but I can’t *sad face*
- Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling. No surprises here. You can’t write a post about re-reads you wanna do from your childhood and not include this series, am I right? It’s been quite a long time since I last re-read it to be honest – two years I believe – and I’m so ready to dive into the world once again. I’ve re-read the entire series twice, from the first book to the very last but along the way, I revisited some of them from time to time. I think the first two books are the ones I’ve re-read the most, maybe 10 times or so. Yes, I’ve told you many times: Harry Potter is everything.
And that’s it for another Top Ten Tuesday. It’s not very long one but I have quite a few things to do and I wanna read everybody else’s TTT posts as well so here you have it ;)