Skip to main content

July Wrap-Up!

Seriously, I can't believe July is over... Seven months of 2014 are gone now. Where is the time going? Basically this month I’ve read 6 books and 1 novella and even though there are less books than previous months I still have to say I’m happy about my reading month.





Here is the list:


1. The Ring & The Crown by Melissa de la Cruz
2. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
3. Wonder by R. J. Palacio
4. Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
5. Fracture Me by Tahereh Mafi
6. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
7. The Murder Complex by Lindsay Cummings



I started The Ring & The Crown in June but didn’t finish it until July mainly because it was quite a disappointment for me. I thought it was gonna be a fantasy read but no, it was like a contemporary read based on a parallel 21st century world with the mindset of the 14th century. I gave it 2 stars.

Then I picked up Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell because I’ve been dying to read this one for a long time and oh my god, this book! It was perfect, just perfect and I was sad when it ended because I needed more, much more. After this one I was still in a contemporary mood so I started Wonder by R. J. Palacio which was pure awesomeness. I did a review of it so if you want to check it out here it is: http://t.co/w3NnYChV0NI gave Fangirl 4 stars and Wonder, 5.

After these two I was kind of in a slump and instead of forcing myself to read I decided to embrace it and slow my reading. So I picked up Unravel Me, which is the second book in the Shatter Me trilogy by Tahereh Mafi, and then I read the novella Fracture Me which focuses on Adam. Fracture Me was okay, nothing really special (I gave it 3 stars) but Unravel Me was a huge improvement from Shatter Me so I ended up giving it 4.5 stars.

The last two books I read in July have been The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken and The Murder Complex by Lindsay Cummings. Both of them were okay. I enjoyed The Murder Complex a bit more than The Darkest Minds so the former got 4 stars and the latter 3. I did a review of The Complex Murder which you can read here: http://t.co/QZCimlUsPk


Go follow me on Goodreads!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vintage Classics: Brontë Series

Maybe you don’t know this about me but I collect different edition of Jane Eyre and when I learnt that Vintage was releasing the new Brontë series I just couldn’t say no. 

Book Review // Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea

Because of Mr. Terupt  by Rob Buyea { Goodreads } Published by Yearling in 2011 Paperback edition; 288 pages { BookDepository } " Features seven narrators, each with a unique story, and each with a different perspective on what makes their teacher so special.  It’s the start of fifth grade for seven kids at Snow Hill School. There’s . . .  Jessica,  the new girl, smart and perceptive, who’s having a hard time fitting in;  Alexia,  a bully, your friend one second, your enemy the next;  Peter,  class prankster and troublemaker;  Luke,  the brain;  Danielle, who never stands up for herself; shy  Anna,  whose home situation makes her an outcast; and  Jeffrey,  who hates school.  Only Mr. Terupt, their new and energetic teacher, seems to know how to deal with them all. He makes the classroom a fun place, even if he doesn’t let them get away with much . . . until the snowy winter day when an accident changes everything—and everyone. "

Reading Diary | February Books | 2018

Feb, 1st - 15:15. Finished the second book in the first volume of the Riyria Revelations and I was pleasantly surprised. I still think the world building is the weakest thing about the story because it's not greatly developed but the story is well-written and entertaining. I'm planning on continuing reading the series because now I'm intrigued enough to want to know how everything will unfold. Feb, 7th - 10:33.  I'm finally prepared to go and see the movie Call Me By Your Name because I just finished reading the novel. I enjoyed it quite a bit. It is a celebration of love and an exploration of sex and identity. It's quite explicit though so if you feel uncomfortable with that keep it in mind if you're planning on reading it. My full review of the book is HERE (I also talk a little bit about the movie).