Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday # 15 (Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2014)


TOP TEN TUESDAY is a weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.

This week I have to tell you all about my top ten new-to-me authors I read in 2014. Most of these authors have been writing for quite a while but I didn't know about them until now and I have to thank both the Book Blogging community and BookTube.


            

Alexandra Bracken. Everybody kept raving about The Darkest Minds trilogy because the last book was coming out this year so I decided to pick up the first book. I was a letdown for me even though the ending made me want to read the sequel, which would probably happen but now I know that I shouldn't have loads of expectations.

E. Lockhart. Her new book, We Were Liars, has been quite hyped around the community and in a way it was that what forced me to read it. I loved the writing style, so poetic, and the twist at the end I did not see coming but I do believe the hype was a bit too much for the book itself.

Morgan Matson. I'm not a huge fan of contemporaries but this summer I read Amy and Roger's Epic Detour and freaking loved it! I'm planning on reading Since You've Been Gone as well but I need to be in the mood for a contemporary so it's gonna happen during my finals or the summer holidays. We'll see.

Stephanie Perkins. And for not being a fan of contemporaries I just listed three in a row LOL. I discovered Anna and the French Kiss through BookTube and I read it because I had never read anything set on Paris. I did enjoy the book a lot, as well as the sequel Lola and the Boy Next Door. I'm waiting for the third book, Isla and the Happily Ever After, to come out in (american) paperback to finally read it and see which one of the "trilogy" I like the most.


         

Ernest Cline. Ready Player One is bound to be one of my favourite books of 2014 because well, that book was awesome! This book was recommended to me by a friend and I'm so glad I read it. I'm waiting for Armada now. I hope it is as good as his first novel.

Patrick Ness. Maybe it is shocking that I learnt about Patrick in 2014 but I've never found a book by him on any Spanish bookstore even though I think some of his books have been translated into Spanish. Anyhow, I've only read A Monster Calls and it destroyed me. Period. I'm planning on reading The Chaos Walking trilogy next year.

R. J. Palacio. If you've been following this blog for a while you know how much I LOVED Wonder. It is a book everybody should read, no matter the age. This is the kind of book that marks you.


              

Sara Raasch. She is not only a new-to-me author but she is a new author. Her debut novel Snow Like Ashes came out last October and I you know how much I've been drooling over this book. It was fantastic! You know that feeling when you are hyping a book and then it delivers? BEST. FEELING. EVER!

Victoria Schwab. I can read anything by this woman. Seriously. I love her writing style and I cannot wait to read Vicious and A Darker Shade of Magic. Oh, and the third book in the Archived trilogy. Wiiiiiiiiiiiiii, more Wesley for us!

Marcus Zusak. Can you believe I didn't know about him until I saw The Book Thief movie trailer on my telly? After that I ordered the book immediately and read it. Of course I loved it and the movie came out in Spain the 10th of January, the same day I finished reading it actually, and I went to see it with my family. I cried with the book and I cried watching the movie, I do believe the guy beside me on the movie theatre looked me a bit worried a few times. Oops!


Have you read anything from these authors? I wanna know!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vintage Classics: Brontë Series

Maybe you don’t know this about me but I collect different edition of Jane Eyre and when I learnt that Vintage was releasing the new Brontë series I just couldn’t say no. 

Book Review // Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea

Because of Mr. Terupt  by Rob Buyea { Goodreads } Published by Yearling in 2011 Paperback edition; 288 pages { BookDepository } " Features seven narrators, each with a unique story, and each with a different perspective on what makes their teacher so special.  It’s the start of fifth grade for seven kids at Snow Hill School. There’s . . .  Jessica,  the new girl, smart and perceptive, who’s having a hard time fitting in;  Alexia,  a bully, your friend one second, your enemy the next;  Peter,  class prankster and troublemaker;  Luke,  the brain;  Danielle, who never stands up for herself; shy  Anna,  whose home situation makes her an outcast; and  Jeffrey,  who hates school.  Only Mr. Terupt, their new and energetic teacher, seems to know how to deal with them all. He makes the classroom a fun place, even if he doesn’t let them get away with much . . . until the snowy winter day when an accident changes everything—and everyone. "

Reading Diary | February Books | 2018

Feb, 1st - 15:15. Finished the second book in the first volume of the Riyria Revelations and I was pleasantly surprised. I still think the world building is the weakest thing about the story because it's not greatly developed but the story is well-written and entertaining. I'm planning on continuing reading the series because now I'm intrigued enough to want to know how everything will unfold. Feb, 7th - 10:33.  I'm finally prepared to go and see the movie Call Me By Your Name because I just finished reading the novel. I enjoyed it quite a bit. It is a celebration of love and an exploration of sex and identity. It's quite explicit though so if you feel uncomfortable with that keep it in mind if you're planning on reading it. My full review of the book is HERE (I also talk a little bit about the movie).