Skip to main content

Autumn Readathon | TBR


Hello guys! Long time, no see! I haven't blogged since April or May but I wanted to make a quick comeback during the rest of October because there are a few readathons happening right now which I'll be participating on. This post is all related to Mercedes' readathon which will run from Sunday 22nd to Saturday 28th of October. She announced it when she reached 30K subscribers on her youtube channel - which I recommend you all go and subscribe to because she's one of my favourites.

Basically she laid down some basic challenges that I'm gonna write down here for you. These are the challenges + bonus prompts:

- Read a gothic/spooky novel
- Read a non-fiction book that feels autumnal
- Read a novel set in a cold location
- Read a historical fiction novel

Bonus prompts:
- Read a short story collection
- Read an adult novel about a young female protagonist

I know I won't read 6 books in a week so I opted for 4 titles, which I think follow the challenges more or less:

- Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier since Goodreads says it's a gothic story. And one I've wanted to read for a very long, long time.
- The Butcher's Hook by Janet Ellis. This one is for the historical fiction challenge.
- Mariana by Monica Dickens. I believe this will count for the bonus prompt of reading an adult novel about a young female protagonist.
- See What I Have Done by Sarah Schmidt. This one I picked up because I want to read it and it's historical fiction (based on true events) and a crime story. Very autumnal in my opinion.

So I think that's all. I will be updating on another post my reading progress throughout the week, as well as on Twitter and Instagram, so you can keep with my reading there as well. And if you're participating link below your TBRs!

Who else is participating?


Follow

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review // The Improbability of Love by Hannah Rothschild

The Improbability of Love  by Hannah Rothschild { Goodreads } Published by Bloomsbury in 2016 Paperback edition; 479 pages { BookDepository } The Improbability of Love follows a bunch of different characters all involved in different ways with the art-world scene in London when a very famous painting –which gives name to the novel – is found by Annie, the main protagonist we could say, in a thrift shop. Don’t be fooled by the cover which screams chick-lit through and through; the novel deals with so much more.

Book Review // Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea

Because of Mr. Terupt  by Rob Buyea { Goodreads } Published by Yearling in 2011 Paperback edition; 288 pages { BookDepository } " Features seven narrators, each with a unique story, and each with a different perspective on what makes their teacher so special.  It’s the start of fifth grade for seven kids at Snow Hill School. There’s . . .  Jessica,  the new girl, smart and perceptive, who’s having a hard time fitting in;  Alexia,  a bully, your friend one second, your enemy the next;  Peter,  class prankster and troublemaker;  Luke,  the brain;  Danielle, who never stands up for herself; shy  Anna,  whose home situation makes her an outcast; and  Jeffrey,  who hates school.  Only Mr. Terupt, their new and energetic teacher, seems to know how to deal with them all. He makes the classroom a fun place, even if he doesn’t let them get away with much . . . until the snowy winter day when an accident...

How I Rate Books

For quite a while now I’ve seen loads of people talking about how they rate the books they read. And so I thought about doing my own post because it is true the way I rate books has changed and so I wanted to discuss it with you guys. The main thing that inspired me to do this post is Helene’s Jeppesen video about it.