Skip to main content

Dewey's Readathon | 2017 Progress Round II



14:00 - Clock strikes 2pm. Time to read for the next 24 hours with readers worldwide. I'm gonna start with Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng. I've heard amazing things about it. Let's see if I can join in the praise as well.

16:36 - Almost halfway through Everything I Never Told You and so far, it's quite a compelling read and can see why so many people enjoyed it.

19:20 - Finished Everything I Never Told You and it was as good as everybody claims it is. I'm a bit of a sobbing mess right now. Ng wrote such flawed yet genuine characters. I cannot wait to pick up her next novel. And I think I'm gonna take a break before picking up my second book which I think will be Franklin's Flying Bookshop. I need something light.

19:40 - As predicted, Franklin's Flying Bookshop gave me the warm fuzzies. This a great picture book and I'm so happy I finally met Franklin & Luna. And I'm taking a break now to do other stuff and I'll continue with Tin Man later.

23:19 - I can't read anymore. I wanted to finish Tin Man before going to bed but I can't keep my eyes open. I have 60 pages left which I'll read tomorrow first thing.

01:32 - For some reason I couldn't really sleep so I decided to finish Tin Man. I enjoyed the read, it was devastating but at the same time I couldn't connect completely with the characters which is a shame. Maybe I deliberately detached myself from the story. Now, it is truly time to go to be.

09:00 - Woke up an our later that I planned. Never mind. I'll try and read for the next three hours and see how far I get into The Tobacconist, the last book on my TBR.

12:15 - Well, I just turned the last page of my last book and wow. I left The Tobacconist for the end and I couldn't have made a better decision. Dewey's readathon has finished with a bang! And what a bang! I loved the book with all my heart, even though my heart is a bit destroyed at the moment. This is the first time that I've managed to read my entire TBR and I'm so happy. I cannot wait till next time.

Pages read: 753
Hours reading: 9 hours & 15 min.



Follow

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review // The Improbability of Love by Hannah Rothschild

The Improbability of Love  by Hannah Rothschild { Goodreads } Published by Bloomsbury in 2016 Paperback edition; 479 pages { BookDepository } The Improbability of Love follows a bunch of different characters all involved in different ways with the art-world scene in London when a very famous painting –which gives name to the novel – is found by Annie, the main protagonist we could say, in a thrift shop. Don’t be fooled by the cover which screams chick-lit through and through; the novel deals with so much more.

Book Review // Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea

Because of Mr. Terupt  by Rob Buyea { Goodreads } Published by Yearling in 2011 Paperback edition; 288 pages { BookDepository } " Features seven narrators, each with a unique story, and each with a different perspective on what makes their teacher so special.  It’s the start of fifth grade for seven kids at Snow Hill School. There’s . . .  Jessica,  the new girl, smart and perceptive, who’s having a hard time fitting in;  Alexia,  a bully, your friend one second, your enemy the next;  Peter,  class prankster and troublemaker;  Luke,  the brain;  Danielle, who never stands up for herself; shy  Anna,  whose home situation makes her an outcast; and  Jeffrey,  who hates school.  Only Mr. Terupt, their new and energetic teacher, seems to know how to deal with them all. He makes the classroom a fun place, even if he doesn’t let them get away with much . . . until the snowy winter day when an accident...

How I Rate Books

For quite a while now I’ve seen loads of people talking about how they rate the books they read. And so I thought about doing my own post because it is true the way I rate books has changed and so I wanted to discuss it with you guys. The main thing that inspired me to do this post is Helene’s Jeppesen video about it.