Skip to main content

Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon | TBR 2017 Round II


It is that time of the year again. It is Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon time! I wasn't sure about participating this second time around but I couldn't resist. I always have an incredibly good time, not only sharing my reading during 24 hours straight but also keeping with other people's reading progresses. So, this Saturday (the 21st) you'll find me between the pages of many books.

I have already started Uni but I'll take the day off because I truly want to dedicate all my time to read. I went for short novels and a picture book this time as to not burn myself too much during the day:

- Franklin's Flying Bookshop by Jen Campbell. Perfect when one is starting to notice the tiredness.
- Tin Man by Sarah Winman. 
- The Tobacconist by Robert Seethaler.
- Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng.

As always, I'll write another post where I'll be updating my reading and as always, I would love for you to link in the comments where you'll be updating yours.

Follow

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review // The Improbability of Love by Hannah Rothschild

The Improbability of Love  by Hannah Rothschild { Goodreads } Published by Bloomsbury in 2016 Paperback edition; 479 pages { BookDepository } The Improbability of Love follows a bunch of different characters all involved in different ways with the art-world scene in London when a very famous painting –which gives name to the novel – is found by Annie, the main protagonist we could say, in a thrift shop. Don’t be fooled by the cover which screams chick-lit through and through; the novel deals with so much more.

Book Review // Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea

Because of Mr. Terupt  by Rob Buyea { Goodreads } Published by Yearling in 2011 Paperback edition; 288 pages { BookDepository } " Features seven narrators, each with a unique story, and each with a different perspective on what makes their teacher so special.  It’s the start of fifth grade for seven kids at Snow Hill School. There’s . . .  Jessica,  the new girl, smart and perceptive, who’s having a hard time fitting in;  Alexia,  a bully, your friend one second, your enemy the next;  Peter,  class prankster and troublemaker;  Luke,  the brain;  Danielle, who never stands up for herself; shy  Anna,  whose home situation makes her an outcast; and  Jeffrey,  who hates school.  Only Mr. Terupt, their new and energetic teacher, seems to know how to deal with them all. He makes the classroom a fun place, even if he doesn’t let them get away with much . . . until the snowy winter day when an accident...

How I Rate Books

For quite a while now I’ve seen loads of people talking about how they rate the books they read. And so I thought about doing my own post because it is true the way I rate books has changed and so I wanted to discuss it with you guys. The main thing that inspired me to do this post is Helene’s Jeppesen video about it.