Skip to main content

Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award!

The lovelies who are Olivia over at Olivia’s Catastrophe and Sabrina at Sabrina’s Stories nominated me for the Sisterhood of the World Blogger Awards! Thank you so much girls ^^

But before getting into the whole thing, here are the rules:

1) Thank the blogger that nominated you and link back to their site
2) Post the award's logo on your blog
3) Answer the 10 questions you've been asked
4) Nominate 10 bloggers
5) Set 10 new questions for your nominees


Without further ado, let’s answer those questions shall we?

My answers to Olivia’s Questions:

1. What is one of your favourite authors?
There are a lot but I have to say J. K. Rowling because she’s been the author of my childhood, my teen years and my youth (and I don’t count The Casual Vacancy, I did not like that book)

2. Ebooks, Paperback or Hardcover?
I own mostly paperbacks because they are cheaper but I do love my some hardcovers from time to time because they last longer. I despise e-books, sorry

3. What is your favourite genre and why?
Fantasy. It allows me to travel to different worlds and read about diverse creatures and monsters. Fantasy is the best genre to escape reality.

4.Why/when did you start your blog?
I started it back in February/March (2014) but I didn’t take it seriously until May/June. And by that I mean that I wasn’t doing any special thing with it, the layout was horrible and it was just me trying to see if I could blog for more than a month without giving up.

5. Why/when did you start to love reading?
I’ve always loved reading, since I was a little kid. I don’t really know the reason but my parents are readers too and I suppose that’s the reason why.

6. If you could enter a fictional world for a day, which would it be?
Only one day? *sad face* It could be either the Harry Potter world (you were not expecting that, weren’t you) or the Middle Earth.

7. Who would be your fictional boyfriend?
Okay now, this question is evil. Can’t. Pick. Only. One! So… I’m gonna cheat and pick two: William Herondale and Adrian Ivashkov.

8. What is your opinion about love triangles?
Loathe them just because most of the time they aren’t written properly. I have the feeling YA authors only include love triangles because there are a few popular cases and it attracts the reader attention but most authors don’t really make it work. And being honest, I rather have a well-written love story between two characters than a mediocre love triangle.

9. If you could only read series or standalone books for the rest of your life, which would it be?
Standalone books because you get a conclusion. And also, authors can write companion novels based on the same story with different characters that allow the readers to keep exploring the world.

10. What is your favourite book blog to follow (Not your own, guys xD) and why?
All? I follow blogs that I like to read, so it is impossible to pick only one because every blogger make their blog unique in a way, and that’s what I find interesting.

And here my answers to Sabrina’s:

1. Do/would you read on public transport?
Only on the train/tube. I can’t read while I’m on the bus. I get sick

2. Is there a food that a book has made you want to try?
Yep. I wanna try Butterbeer so badly. Thanks Harry!

3. What made you get into reading?
My parents. I mean, they are readers too and they were always reading to us.

4. Do you have any merchandise relating to books? (Do you want to share pictures of said merchandise?) 
Again, yes, mostly Harry Potter related.


5. Is there a character you love to hate?
Joffrey Baratheon. He is one psychotic bastard.

6. Would you rather participate in The Hunger Games or be put under the Cruciatus curse for 5 minutes?
I’d rather participate in The Hunger Games. Yes, I know I’d probably die but you know I’d still be me. I’m sorry but I don’t want to end up like Neville’s parents (was that too cruel? :/ )

7. If you had to be a fairytale character for a day, who would you be?
Tricky one. Are we talking the Grimm’s fairytales or the Disney versions of them? You know what? Never mind, I would be Jiminy Cricket hahahaha

8. Do you like deckled edges on books?
Not really. I mean they are aesthetically appealing but is hard to turn the pages sometimes

9. What are your thoughts on fanart?  Have you ever created any?
I can’t draw, not in a million years. I suck big time but I admire those who do fanart in any form. There are some talented people out there.

10. Would you rather live in the world of Harry Potter (and be a witch or wizard, of course), or live in Middle Earth?
Why? Why are you making me choose? Oh, well, Harry Potter wins.

My nominations: I’m pretty sure most people are already nominated so don’t feel obligated in any way to answer the questions. And of course if you’ve already made your post and by some reason I did not see it please link it down below =)

Rosario @ City and Prophet
Sandra @ Sandra Alvarez
Sarah @ YA Bookaholic

And here my questions:

1. Besides reading, what other hobbies do you have?
2. If you could travel through time, which period of time would you go?
3. The meaning behind your blog name?
4. When do you normally read? At night or whenever you have free time?
5. If you find yourself in a zombie apocalypse, which 5 fictional characters would you like to have on your side to help you fight off the zombies?
6. Do you listen to music while reading?
7. Favourite book of your least favourite genre? (does this make sense? I hope so)
8. Book that left you feeling like an emotional wreck?
9. Do you hate a book everybody seems to love or the other way around?
10. Would you rather have a book with a closed ending or one with a little cliffhanger that would imply the possibility of another book?

This was fun but also hard! Thank you again to Olivia and Sabrina =)

Go follow me on Goodreads!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vintage Classics: Brontë Series

Maybe you don’t know this about me but I collect different edition of Jane Eyre and when I learnt that Vintage was releasing the new Brontë series I just couldn’t say no. 

Book Review // Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea

Because of Mr. Terupt  by Rob Buyea { Goodreads } Published by Yearling in 2011 Paperback edition; 288 pages { BookDepository } " Features seven narrators, each with a unique story, and each with a different perspective on what makes their teacher so special.  It’s the start of fifth grade for seven kids at Snow Hill School. There’s . . .  Jessica,  the new girl, smart and perceptive, who’s having a hard time fitting in;  Alexia,  a bully, your friend one second, your enemy the next;  Peter,  class prankster and troublemaker;  Luke,  the brain;  Danielle, who never stands up for herself; shy  Anna,  whose home situation makes her an outcast; and  Jeffrey,  who hates school.  Only Mr. Terupt, their new and energetic teacher, seems to know how to deal with them all. He makes the classroom a fun place, even if he doesn’t let them get away with much . . . until the snowy winter day when an accident changes everything—and everyone. "

Reading Diary | February Books | 2018

Feb, 1st - 15:15. Finished the second book in the first volume of the Riyria Revelations and I was pleasantly surprised. I still think the world building is the weakest thing about the story because it's not greatly developed but the story is well-written and entertaining. I'm planning on continuing reading the series because now I'm intrigued enough to want to know how everything will unfold. Feb, 7th - 10:33.  I'm finally prepared to go and see the movie Call Me By Your Name because I just finished reading the novel. I enjoyed it quite a bit. It is a celebration of love and an exploration of sex and identity. It's quite explicit though so if you feel uncomfortable with that keep it in mind if you're planning on reading it. My full review of the book is HERE (I also talk a little bit about the movie).