Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday # 7 (Ten Places Books Have Made Me Want To Visit)

TOP TEN TUESDAY is a weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.

One of the many benefits of reading is the possibility of going places without really leaving your house, or well, the place where you read. And it is no secret books have the ability of making the reader want to visit places, whether they are real or not. Sometimes this can be frustrating for two main reasons: one, if the place does not exist you can’t physically visit it and two, if you are a broke Uni student you can’t afford to visit the real ones. Either way, it sucks. But anyways, at the end of the day I can still just grab a book and go everywhere. Cool, huh? And people say reading is a waste of time… 





Scotland or more accurately, Hogwarts. I’m a 23 year old grown up woman and I’m still waiting for my admission letter… I’m pretty sure any Harry Potter fan feels the same way I do. And Scotland doesn’t look like a bad place to live either… have you seen those landscapes? I could drool for hours over such beauty.






Westeros. Yes, yes, I know… I would probably end up dead the very moment I set foot on King’s Landing but it would still be worth it. 









San Francisco. Fairly speaking I have wanted to visit San Francisco since watching Charmed, the TV show but Lola and The Boy Next Door supported the cause as well. 








OASIS. Let me explain. Back in September I decided to read the sci-fi masterpiece that is Ready Player One and OASIS looks like a really amazing place where the possibilities are endless. It’s the perfect virtual world.






Paris. Once again a Stephanie Perkins’ book makes me want to visit places. And if I ever go to Paris (fingers crossed) I will take the book with me and make a tour following what Anna did there. Shakespeare & Co must be visited, on top of everything else.








Alagaësia. I’ve only read Eragon and Eldest and I won’t finish the last two books in the Inheritance Cycle series but it doesn’t mean that when I read the first two books I fell in love with the world and wanted it to be real. Also, dragons (duh!)







Isle of Wight. Three years ago I read The Library of the Dead by Glenn Cooper and felt in love with it. It was a mystery thriller + historical fiction and one of the many places it was based on was Vectis, which is the name the Romans gave to the Isle of Wight. 







Middle Earth. Yes, I could die as well but as I said before with Westeros, I just don’t care. I want to see The Shire and Rivendell and everything actually. But for this one I could basically book a trip to New Zealand so all is good. And I will go there sometime in the future, just so you know.










Greece & New York. I’ve always wanted to visit both places but Percy Jackson has made me want to go like crazy. To New York to just pretend the Empire State Building is the entrance to Olympus and to Greece because is where everything began. I really like to learn about different aspects of Greek mythology so the original source is the place to go.


There are a lot of other places books have made me want to visit as well but these 10 made it to my list. So tell me, what places books made you want to read? I want to know!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vintage Classics: Brontë Series

Maybe you don’t know this about me but I collect different edition of Jane Eyre and when I learnt that Vintage was releasing the new Brontë series I just couldn’t say no. 

Book Review // Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea

Because of Mr. Terupt  by Rob Buyea { Goodreads } Published by Yearling in 2011 Paperback edition; 288 pages { BookDepository } " Features seven narrators, each with a unique story, and each with a different perspective on what makes their teacher so special.  It’s the start of fifth grade for seven kids at Snow Hill School. There’s . . .  Jessica,  the new girl, smart and perceptive, who’s having a hard time fitting in;  Alexia,  a bully, your friend one second, your enemy the next;  Peter,  class prankster and troublemaker;  Luke,  the brain;  Danielle, who never stands up for herself; shy  Anna,  whose home situation makes her an outcast; and  Jeffrey,  who hates school.  Only Mr. Terupt, their new and energetic teacher, seems to know how to deal with them all. He makes the classroom a fun place, even if he doesn’t let them get away with much . . . until the snowy winter day when an accident changes everything—and everyone. "

Reading Diary | February Books | 2018

Feb, 1st - 15:15. Finished the second book in the first volume of the Riyria Revelations and I was pleasantly surprised. I still think the world building is the weakest thing about the story because it's not greatly developed but the story is well-written and entertaining. I'm planning on continuing reading the series because now I'm intrigued enough to want to know how everything will unfold. Feb, 7th - 10:33.  I'm finally prepared to go and see the movie Call Me By Your Name because I just finished reading the novel. I enjoyed it quite a bit. It is a celebration of love and an exploration of sex and identity. It's quite explicit though so if you feel uncomfortable with that keep it in mind if you're planning on reading it. My full review of the book is HERE (I also talk a little bit about the movie).