Skip to main content

The Random Question Tag!



The lovely Jules over at The Book of Jules tagged me a while ago to do The Random Question Tag and I’m finally doing it today! I have the feeling that my blog lately is a combination of Top Ten Tuesdays and Tags but I don’t feel like reviewing the books I’ve been reading (you should know by now that I don’t review every book I read) so yep! That’s the reason, I do apologize though. I might do a combined review of both Anna Dressed in Blood and Girl of Nightmares when I finished the latter. But don’t quote me on that because I’m not quite enjoying it and I just don’t wanna do a review that’s all over the place, you know? … I believe I’m rambling now, so I’ll shut up and answer the questions:


1. Have you ever thrown a book?
Well, as a matter of fact, yes… I’ve done this only once though a few years ago (in 2008). And I did it out of frustration. I finished reading Breaking Dawn and I hated it… Sorry, I don’t want to offend anyone but I thought that last book was pointless. 800 pages and we really didn’t get any action whatsoever. It was a complete waste of my time and I think that’s why I enjoyed the movie better, because in a way they changed that. Also, Lee Pace. (I’m rambling again, sorry).

2. Do you like lengthy books or short books?
It depends on the book. If we take my last question into account if a book is gigantic but pointless then I prefer it to be shorter. But normally I don’t mind the length of a book as long as is good and I enjoy it. However, when it comes to fantasy? I WANT THE BOOK TO BE HUMONGOUS, PLEASE! And when it’s a contemporary? I prefer when it’s short.

3. If you don’t like a book, do you stop reading it or finish it?
In all my life as a reader, I’ve only DNF two books: The Host by Stephenie Meyer and Brisingir by Christopher Paolini (I wasn’t feeling the first one and I had to stop reading Brisingir because I couldn’t remember a thing that happened in the previous two books). So, you can probably tell that I tend to finish books whether they are amazing or not because sometimes a book can surprise you and you end up enjoying it which happens most of the time

4. Do you stop reading when you’re tired or when a chapter finishes?
When I finish the chapter, normally. It’s an invisible force. Don’t know how to explain it. If I’m tired I can’t stop until I’ve finished the chapter or if there is a pause in the chapter (I don’t really know how to call it but the space between paragraphs is bigger, you know what I mean? NO… Okay, bye)

5. How do you organize your shelf?
If you’ve read my latest post you’d known that I consider myself a walking mess so my shelves have no organizations whatsoever. They are a mess because that’s just how I roll…


6. Paperbacks or Hardbacks?
I tend to buy paperbacks because they are cheaper but sometimes I indulge myself and go for a hardback because why not?

7. What book can you not wait to read?
Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch. IT'S HIGH FANTASY + LOOK AT THAT COVER AND START DROOLING!


8. A book you wish could be turn into a graphic novel?
I haven’t read a graphic novel in my life so I honestly don’t know…

9. A book that disappointed you?
The Princess Bride by William Goldman. I had high expectations for this book and they were not exceeded.

10. What book made you cry recently?
Easy.  The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan. Last book in the Heroes of Olympus series. It was a bittersweet cry. I cried of happiness and sadness at the same time.

11. Do you prefer buying books online or going to the bookstore?
The ideal answer would be saying going to the bookstore but I live in Spain and I read in English and most of the time I don’t find the books I want in the cover I want so sadly I have to do online shopping. 

12. Do you prefer to listen to music while reading or to read in silence?
I love listening to music while reading but only instrumental one. I have a specific playlist with loads of instrumental soundtracks and instrumental groups such as Two Steps From Hell, Audiomachine, Future World Music and so on.

13. What is the weirdest thing you’ve ever experienced while reading a book?
Being so engrossed in my reading that I missed my train stop? Does that count?

14. What was your first fandom?
Harry Potter (shocker!). Being a potterhead is a way of life. LOL (I need help, I know)

15. What fictional character do you relate to the most?
Right now I’m not really sure but a few years ago I felt really related to Holden Caulfield from The Catcher in the Rye. Felt completely lost and I’ve said this so many times but that book managed to make me go forward.

16. What fictional character do you wish you were more like?
Hermione Granger. No further explanation needed.

17. If you could spend a whole day with five characters, who would you pick?
This is hard to answer… Okay, here my five characters: Tyrion Lannister, Percy Jackson, Hermione Granger, Rose Hathaway and …. August Pullman (from Wonder)

18. What is a book that exceeded all of your expectations?
Wonder by R. J. Palacio. When I picked it up I knew it was gonna be good and emotional but I didn’t expect it to be that AMAZING. Seriously, read the book. It’s probably meant to be one of my favourites of not only 2014 but of all times. So, there’s that!

And we have come to the end of the tag! That was fun! And I should probably tag some people but I don’t know who has done this and who hasn’t so I’m gonna tag everyone who is reading this whose name contains letter “a” or “s”. 

Follow me on Goodreads!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vintage Classics: Brontë Series

Maybe you don’t know this about me but I collect different edition of Jane Eyre and when I learnt that Vintage was releasing the new Brontë series I just couldn’t say no. 

Book Review // Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea

Because of Mr. Terupt  by Rob Buyea { Goodreads } Published by Yearling in 2011 Paperback edition; 288 pages { BookDepository } " Features seven narrators, each with a unique story, and each with a different perspective on what makes their teacher so special.  It’s the start of fifth grade for seven kids at Snow Hill School. There’s . . .  Jessica,  the new girl, smart and perceptive, who’s having a hard time fitting in;  Alexia,  a bully, your friend one second, your enemy the next;  Peter,  class prankster and troublemaker;  Luke,  the brain;  Danielle, who never stands up for herself; shy  Anna,  whose home situation makes her an outcast; and  Jeffrey,  who hates school.  Only Mr. Terupt, their new and energetic teacher, seems to know how to deal with them all. He makes the classroom a fun place, even if he doesn’t let them get away with much . . . until the snowy winter day when an accident changes everything—and everyone. "

Reading Diary | February Books | 2018

Feb, 1st - 15:15. Finished the second book in the first volume of the Riyria Revelations and I was pleasantly surprised. I still think the world building is the weakest thing about the story because it's not greatly developed but the story is well-written and entertaining. I'm planning on continuing reading the series because now I'm intrigued enough to want to know how everything will unfold. Feb, 7th - 10:33.  I'm finally prepared to go and see the movie Call Me By Your Name because I just finished reading the novel. I enjoyed it quite a bit. It is a celebration of love and an exploration of sex and identity. It's quite explicit though so if you feel uncomfortable with that keep it in mind if you're planning on reading it. My full review of the book is HERE (I also talk a little bit about the movie).