TOP TEN TUESDAY is a weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.
Hello yet again for another weekly fix of Top Ten Tuesday. This week's topic is about the top 10 new series I want to start. And for making this easier the series we can pick up can be 2 years old. I do have to say that I cheated in one of them. The first book in this series was published in 2011 (three years ago) but you know, I’m still really excited to read it. Well, I’m excited to read all of them to be honest. And here we go:
- The Clockwork Scarab by Coleen Gleason. The niece of Sherlock & the sister of Stoker + egyptian mythology? SOLD!
- Talon by Julie Kagawa. Dragons, that's the only reason why I want to read this series.
- Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard by Rick Riordan. Now that The Heroes of Olympus is over I need some incentive to keep going and when Rick Riordan announced that he was doing another series featuring nordic mythology I almost pee myself, figuratively speaking. Also, if the rumour out there that Magnus Chase can be Annabeth's cousin is true then I'm even more excited, if possible.
- Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch. High fantasy is my favourite genre, so obviously I was gonna give this a go. And then we have that amazing cover featuring a chakram that reminds me of Xena the warrior princess and you can bet your lives that I'm gonna buy this book as soon as I'm done with my book buying ban.
- Penryn & the End of Days by Susan Ee. This is the one I was talking about at the beginning. Angelfall was published in 2011 but I just don't care. I want to read this so badly. The problem? Only two books of this series have been published and there are gonna be 5 and I hate to wait until the other book are out so I'll wait and when the third book is out and we know the publishing date for the 4th one then I'll pick this series up.
- The Assassin's Curse by Cassandra Rose Clarke. This is a duology and both books are out so I'm gonna be reading this in a very near future. Pirates + curses? GIVE IT TO ME! Also, the publishing company of these books closed so if you wanna get these books hurry!, because I don't know if they would be reprinted by other publishers.
- Starbound by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner. These Broken Stars was the first book in this companion series set in space. And even though the premise looks good what makes me wanna read this book is the cover and I'm not ashamed by this. Look at it!
- The Shattered Sea by Joe Abercrombie. The first book in this series is Half a King and it looks really interesting. Again, fantasy. I can't say no.
- The Internment Chronicles by Lauren Destefano. Perfect Ruin is the first book and the second one is coming out in 2015 I believe. It's a dystopian series and they had a cover change, which you can see here. The cover change looks neat though. I like it.
- The Diviners by Libba Bray. I've been waiting to read this a long time and I will do it before 2014 ends but the second book is not yet out. This series also got a cover change. A horrible one. Why publishing companies do this is beyond me.
There are many more series that I want to start but these ones made it to the list!
Have you heard about them? What series are you dying to start reading? Let me know!