Skip to main content

We Were Liars by E. Lockhart




"A beautiful and distinguished family.

 A private island.

 A brilliant, damaged girl; a passionate, political boy.

 A group of four friends—the Liars—whose friendship turns destructive.

 A revolution. An accident. A secret.Lies upon lies.

True love.

The truth."









It is true what they say about this book – the less you know about it, the better.

For the first time ever I won’t give you a summary of this book. I will say, however, that E. Lockhart crafted a beautiful and heart-breaking story with a very poetic and original writing style and a mystery (most) readers won’t be able to solve.

I tried my best to guess what will happen at the very end but I could not. I was truly shocked because my guesses were completely wrong. My face was a mixed between horror and disbelief when I found out.

So, this may be the shortest review in the history of book reviews but I honestly say it is better if I don’t give anything away, just for the sake of the reading experience. You only have to know that I like this book and if you see yourself as a contemporary and mystery lover, this is the book for you.


My rating:




Follow me on Goodreads!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review // The Improbability of Love by Hannah Rothschild

The Improbability of Love  by Hannah Rothschild { Goodreads } Published by Bloomsbury in 2016 Paperback edition; 479 pages { BookDepository } The Improbability of Love follows a bunch of different characters all involved in different ways with the art-world scene in London when a very famous painting –which gives name to the novel – is found by Annie, the main protagonist we could say, in a thrift shop. Don’t be fooled by the cover which screams chick-lit through and through; the novel deals with so much more.

Book Review // Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea

Because of Mr. Terupt  by Rob Buyea { Goodreads } Published by Yearling in 2011 Paperback edition; 288 pages { BookDepository } " Features seven narrators, each with a unique story, and each with a different perspective on what makes their teacher so special.  It’s the start of fifth grade for seven kids at Snow Hill School. There’s . . .  Jessica,  the new girl, smart and perceptive, who’s having a hard time fitting in;  Alexia,  a bully, your friend one second, your enemy the next;  Peter,  class prankster and troublemaker;  Luke,  the brain;  Danielle, who never stands up for herself; shy  Anna,  whose home situation makes her an outcast; and  Jeffrey,  who hates school.  Only Mr. Terupt, their new and energetic teacher, seems to know how to deal with them all. He makes the classroom a fun place, even if he doesn’t let them get away with much . . . until the snowy winter day when an accident...

How I Rate Books

For quite a while now I’ve seen loads of people talking about how they rate the books they read. And so I thought about doing my own post because it is true the way I rate books has changed and so I wanted to discuss it with you guys. The main thing that inspired me to do this post is Helene’s Jeppesen video about it.