Skip to main content

One Lovely Blog Award

I wasn’t planning on uploading this today but the post I was working on didn’t exactly turn out as I wanted it so instead I am here, with another award nomination. I have to say a massive thank you to the amazing Giselle @ The Perks of Being a Reader and Sabrina @ Sabrina’s Stories for nominating me.




First things first, here are the rules:

  1. You must thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
  2. You must list the rules and display the award.
  3. You must add 7 facts about yourself.
  4. You must nominate 15 other bloggers and comment on one of their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
  5. You must display the award logo and follow the blogger who nominated you.



Now that that is settled it’s time to tell you 7 facts about myself. I already know I’ll have a hard time thinking about this so I’ll see you after I write down the facts unless I end up frying my brain, which is a possibility. Here we go:

1. I’m a Psychology Graduate. It was my first choice of majoring but I learnt in a sad way that it was not for me. I mean, I love Psychology, it is incredibly interesting but my major was a huge disappointment. When I said I learnt that the sad way I mean that I’ve basically lost 4 years of my life.

2. I’m now studying English Studies which involves Culture and Literature of English speaking countries. I decided to start a new major because 1) I love English (I’m what people call an Anglophile) and 2) I love reading and literature. And I also know that I want to dedicate my life to books so my goal is to work in the publishing world which is gonna be hard but hey!, at least I know now this is what I want to do for the rest of my life.

3. I’m not exactly a bookaholic. I’m a book hoarder, a collector. I buy way too many books (I’m trying not to) but I regret nothing because my brain needs feeding and only words and books can do that.

4. I’m quite the crier. I cry with almost everything, especially books but even some ads on TV make my eyes watery…. Oh, they could be both sad and/or happy tears.

5. I’m too disorganised. Seriously, I’m a walking mess.

6. I’m a huge Disney fan, I'm really am. I know all the songs BUT unfortunately in recent years when I listen to some of the songs or watch some of the films there are stuff that I don’t really like about them. Have you listened to Ursula’s song? The lyrics are very sexist and hearing to that one in particular is unbearable… And is a shame because The Little Mermaid was one of my favs… And is not the only one

7. I’m a Leo. This is a lame fact but I couldn’t think of anything else and also I wanna know if any of you is a Leo as well.

And finally my nominations (it’s hard to nominate 15 people who haven’t been nominated already so I’m sorry if I nominate someone who has already been):  

1. Jess @ My Reading Dress
2. Jules @ The Book of Jules
3. Lauren @ A Blonde Librarian
5. Benni @ Benni's Bookbiters
6. Connie Lu @ The YA Book Thief

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review // The Improbability of Love by Hannah Rothschild

The Improbability of Love  by Hannah Rothschild { Goodreads } Published by Bloomsbury in 2016 Paperback edition; 479 pages { BookDepository } The Improbability of Love follows a bunch of different characters all involved in different ways with the art-world scene in London when a very famous painting –which gives name to the novel – is found by Annie, the main protagonist we could say, in a thrift shop. Don’t be fooled by the cover which screams chick-lit through and through; the novel deals with so much more.

Book Review // Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea

Because of Mr. Terupt  by Rob Buyea { Goodreads } Published by Yearling in 2011 Paperback edition; 288 pages { BookDepository } " Features seven narrators, each with a unique story, and each with a different perspective on what makes their teacher so special.  It’s the start of fifth grade for seven kids at Snow Hill School. There’s . . .  Jessica,  the new girl, smart and perceptive, who’s having a hard time fitting in;  Alexia,  a bully, your friend one second, your enemy the next;  Peter,  class prankster and troublemaker;  Luke,  the brain;  Danielle, who never stands up for herself; shy  Anna,  whose home situation makes her an outcast; and  Jeffrey,  who hates school.  Only Mr. Terupt, their new and energetic teacher, seems to know how to deal with them all. He makes the classroom a fun place, even if he doesn’t let them get away with much . . . until the snowy winter day when an accident...

How I Rate Books

For quite a while now I’ve seen loads of people talking about how they rate the books they read. And so I thought about doing my own post because it is true the way I rate books has changed and so I wanted to discuss it with you guys. The main thing that inspired me to do this post is Helene’s Jeppesen video about it.