Skip to main content

'Project 10 Book'


A month ago, Lauren over at A Blonde Librarian posted a post explaining she is going on a spending ban, which basically means she is not buying any books for the time being. And I thought it was an amazing idea and decided to join as well. So basically Project 10 Book means that I won’t be buying any books until I’ve read 10 books from my TBR which is incredible humongous (you don’t wanna know). Sometimes I wish I can freeze time because the amount of books that are published every other week that I want to read is outrageous.


So instead of keep buying (which is one of the many reason why I’m completely broke) I’m gonna try and do this because I think is a pretty realistic goal. Don’t get me wrong, I do admire those who say they are going on a book buying ban for like 6 months because I know I couldn’t do that. My will power is not that strong and I’m sure after those 6 months I would probably buy all the books with no control whatsoever and I would end up in the same situation.

The list of books I want to buy is huge as well so bear with me and wish my luck… Jeez, I feel like I’m going to war or something. I do feel like every book blogger or avid reader struggles when it comes to buy books. And you need to add to the equation that I also like to collect them. I’m what people know as a book hoarder.  So I need to change that. Period.

Therefore, going on this ban doesn’t mean that when I read 10 books of my TBR I’ll go on a book buying spree. NO. That’s not my intention. Once I’ve finished those 10 books I may treat myself with one or two books. No more. That way I can narrow down the books I wanna buy and consequently I’ll buy those I really want to read instead of buying whatever title I come across. And if this works I’ll continue doing it. And maybe, in the end, it would help me with my lack of self-control. Who knows? It could be the perfect therapy to solve my problem LOL.


Anyways, do you have this problem too? I need to know, just to feel better about myself ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review // The Improbability of Love by Hannah Rothschild

The Improbability of Love  by Hannah Rothschild { Goodreads } Published by Bloomsbury in 2016 Paperback edition; 479 pages { BookDepository } The Improbability of Love follows a bunch of different characters all involved in different ways with the art-world scene in London when a very famous painting –which gives name to the novel – is found by Annie, the main protagonist we could say, in a thrift shop. Don’t be fooled by the cover which screams chick-lit through and through; the novel deals with so much more.

Book Review // Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea

Because of Mr. Terupt  by Rob Buyea { Goodreads } Published by Yearling in 2011 Paperback edition; 288 pages { BookDepository } " Features seven narrators, each with a unique story, and each with a different perspective on what makes their teacher so special.  It’s the start of fifth grade for seven kids at Snow Hill School. There’s . . .  Jessica,  the new girl, smart and perceptive, who’s having a hard time fitting in;  Alexia,  a bully, your friend one second, your enemy the next;  Peter,  class prankster and troublemaker;  Luke,  the brain;  Danielle, who never stands up for herself; shy  Anna,  whose home situation makes her an outcast; and  Jeffrey,  who hates school.  Only Mr. Terupt, their new and energetic teacher, seems to know how to deal with them all. He makes the classroom a fun place, even if he doesn’t let them get away with much . . . until the snowy winter day when an accident...

How I Rate Books

For quite a while now I’ve seen loads of people talking about how they rate the books they read. And so I thought about doing my own post because it is true the way I rate books has changed and so I wanted to discuss it with you guys. The main thing that inspired me to do this post is Helene’s Jeppesen video about it.