Skip to main content

Book Haul # 5

Hello there, fellow bookworms! I know my last bookhaul was posted about a month ago and I wasn’t really planning on buying any more books but my plans didn’t go very well as you can see. Still, this is the last you’ll see in a few months because I’m saving for my trip to London, where I will most likely buy some books because… physical bookshops and stuff.




Anyways, this morning I got the order from The Book Depository I placed early last week and my only excuse for ordering books was that I really wanted to get The Story of Alice by Robert Douglas Fairhurst since 2015 is the 150th anniversary of the known story and publishing houses are coming out with amazing books regarding Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. And when I was about to check out, I thought “why not get a few more?” and so my hand browsed through my wish-list and added 4 more books: Faery Tales by Carol Ann Duffy, The Colour of Magic by Terry Pratchett (I think is about time I read some of his books), The Bookshop Book by Jen Campbell and How England Made the English by Harry Mount.








And funny enough, on Friday I went to Pasajes (a bookshop in Madrid which has a great selection of English books) because fortunately for me – not for my wallet though – they have the ever lovely and cheap (they are 80 p, guys!) Little Black Classics and I got a few more I’m interested in. However, you know you can’t walk into a bookshop and just buy what you were planning to buy. At least this time I found three I’ve been meaning to get for a while. The Great Gatsby (which I read four years ago) and Tender is the Night, both by F. Scott Fitzgerald. Penguin released all his works in these stunning editions and I swear for all is holy, they are so pretty to look at. And the last one, I found it last minute. I was about to pay and I saw it. If that isn’t a sign, I don’t know what it is… The book in question is Fingersmith by Sarah Waters. Mercedes over at MercysBookishMusings was talking about this author in one of her videos and funny enough I’ve watched the BBC mini-series about it. I never knew it was a book and hey, it couldn’t hurt to try and see if I like it.





And that’s the end of the haul. Hope you like it ^^
If you've read any of these books or you want to, tell me below. Have an awesome weekend!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review // The Improbability of Love by Hannah Rothschild

The Improbability of Love  by Hannah Rothschild { Goodreads } Published by Bloomsbury in 2016 Paperback edition; 479 pages { BookDepository } The Improbability of Love follows a bunch of different characters all involved in different ways with the art-world scene in London when a very famous painting –which gives name to the novel – is found by Annie, the main protagonist we could say, in a thrift shop. Don’t be fooled by the cover which screams chick-lit through and through; the novel deals with so much more.

Book Review // Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea

Because of Mr. Terupt  by Rob Buyea { Goodreads } Published by Yearling in 2011 Paperback edition; 288 pages { BookDepository } " Features seven narrators, each with a unique story, and each with a different perspective on what makes their teacher so special.  It’s the start of fifth grade for seven kids at Snow Hill School. There’s . . .  Jessica,  the new girl, smart and perceptive, who’s having a hard time fitting in;  Alexia,  a bully, your friend one second, your enemy the next;  Peter,  class prankster and troublemaker;  Luke,  the brain;  Danielle, who never stands up for herself; shy  Anna,  whose home situation makes her an outcast; and  Jeffrey,  who hates school.  Only Mr. Terupt, their new and energetic teacher, seems to know how to deal with them all. He makes the classroom a fun place, even if he doesn’t let them get away with much . . . until the snowy winter day when an accident...

How I Rate Books

For quite a while now I’ve seen loads of people talking about how they rate the books they read. And so I thought about doing my own post because it is true the way I rate books has changed and so I wanted to discuss it with you guys. The main thing that inspired me to do this post is Helene’s Jeppesen video about it.