Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday # 25 (Books which Feature Characters with Great Families)

TOP TEN TUESDAY is a weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.

I had quite a few problems coming up with a topic for today’s TTT. My mind went blank and I could not think of a thing. And, being completely honest, I even thought about not doing a post today but I wanted to upload something so here we are. I don’t even have 10 picks. This is embarrassing….



  • Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea. I’m picking two characters from this one. Anna is raised by her mum and because of that personal situation (if you wanna know more, go read the book *wink, wink*) she is outcast. Her mum is so nice and lovely and, in short, a great parent. The same applies to Jessica’s mother.
  • Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling. Do I really need to name them? Don’t you know already of which characters I’m talking about? Well, if you are new to the party, The Weasleys are the best family not only to themselves but to their friends too. The way they’ve loved Harry as one of their own was touching.
  • To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han. There is something about Lara Jean’s family that makes me smile. Really. And it’s probably one of the best (YA) family dynamics I’ve read about in a while.



  • Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins. Lola was raised by her uncle and his husband. I really appreciated how Perkins included a homoparental family and how they were very supportive with Lola.
  • Wonder by R. J. Palacio. How many times I’ve raved about the greatness that is Auggie’s family? So, for this time, I would save you from it and tell you to go and read Wonder. Like, seriously. Do it.
  • The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak. Technically Hans and Rosa aren’t Liesel’s relatives but by the end of this story, the reader can’t really deny they are indeed Liesel’s family. 


Sorry this wasn't very insightful or anything but I hope next week's TTT could be better. Feel free to link me your TTTs in the comment section below and I'll try to look them up! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review // The Improbability of Love by Hannah Rothschild

The Improbability of Love  by Hannah Rothschild { Goodreads } Published by Bloomsbury in 2016 Paperback edition; 479 pages { BookDepository } The Improbability of Love follows a bunch of different characters all involved in different ways with the art-world scene in London when a very famous painting –which gives name to the novel – is found by Annie, the main protagonist we could say, in a thrift shop. Don’t be fooled by the cover which screams chick-lit through and through; the novel deals with so much more.

Book Review // Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea

Because of Mr. Terupt  by Rob Buyea { Goodreads } Published by Yearling in 2011 Paperback edition; 288 pages { BookDepository } " Features seven narrators, each with a unique story, and each with a different perspective on what makes their teacher so special.  It’s the start of fifth grade for seven kids at Snow Hill School. There’s . . .  Jessica,  the new girl, smart and perceptive, who’s having a hard time fitting in;  Alexia,  a bully, your friend one second, your enemy the next;  Peter,  class prankster and troublemaker;  Luke,  the brain;  Danielle, who never stands up for herself; shy  Anna,  whose home situation makes her an outcast; and  Jeffrey,  who hates school.  Only Mr. Terupt, their new and energetic teacher, seems to know how to deal with them all. He makes the classroom a fun place, even if he doesn’t let them get away with much . . . until the snowy winter day when an accident...

How I Rate Books

For quite a while now I’ve seen loads of people talking about how they rate the books they read. And so I thought about doing my own post because it is true the way I rate books has changed and so I wanted to discuss it with you guys. The main thing that inspired me to do this post is Helene’s Jeppesen video about it.