Skip to main content

Summer TBR


Summer is officially here. I say officially because in Spain we've been dealing with a horrible heat-wave since the beginning of last week and I cannot fathom how people love summer. I hate it, with a passion. And I cannot wait for autumn and winter if I'm honest.

Anyways, I'm not here to hate on summer although I love doing just that. I'm here to share with you all my summer TBR. I did the exact same thing in spring. So it's gonna be the same now: I've picked 5 titles which I wanna read during the summer months. I hope to read more than 5 books during the next three months but these 5 are a priority of some sort.

  • The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood. I've been meaning to read this book for ages now but I'm terrified of the hype. However, I do want to watch the TV show adaptation and for that to happen, I need to read the book first.
  • The Clocks in this House All Tell Different Times by Xan Brooks. I pre-ordered this book the moment I heard about it because it sounded so so good. It came out in April and despite wanting to read it, I couldn't because of damn finals. Now I'm free. Yay! I hope it lives up to my expectations though.
  • Dreamland Burning by Jennifer Latham. This book is part mystery part historical fiction. In present day Tulsa Rowan finds a body in her family's property and she tries to find the truth behind it. But it also deals with past Tulsa and the horrible events that happened in 1921. I know this is gonna pack a punch. I've heard nothing but amazing things.
  • The Essex Serpent by Sarah Perry. If you don't know about this book, where have you been living? Under a rock? It was everywhere last year and it has been released in the US the past week I believe. It is a very hyped book in the book community and that's why I've been putting it off for the longest time but I need to know what all the fuzz is about. It sounds just straight up my alley.
Any books you're planning on reading this summer?

Follow

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review // The Improbability of Love by Hannah Rothschild

The Improbability of Love  by Hannah Rothschild { Goodreads } Published by Bloomsbury in 2016 Paperback edition; 479 pages { BookDepository } The Improbability of Love follows a bunch of different characters all involved in different ways with the art-world scene in London when a very famous painting –which gives name to the novel – is found by Annie, the main protagonist we could say, in a thrift shop. Don’t be fooled by the cover which screams chick-lit through and through; the novel deals with so much more.

Book Review // Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea

Because of Mr. Terupt  by Rob Buyea { Goodreads } Published by Yearling in 2011 Paperback edition; 288 pages { BookDepository } " Features seven narrators, each with a unique story, and each with a different perspective on what makes their teacher so special.  It’s the start of fifth grade for seven kids at Snow Hill School. There’s . . .  Jessica,  the new girl, smart and perceptive, who’s having a hard time fitting in;  Alexia,  a bully, your friend one second, your enemy the next;  Peter,  class prankster and troublemaker;  Luke,  the brain;  Danielle, who never stands up for herself; shy  Anna,  whose home situation makes her an outcast; and  Jeffrey,  who hates school.  Only Mr. Terupt, their new and energetic teacher, seems to know how to deal with them all. He makes the classroom a fun place, even if he doesn’t let them get away with much . . . until the snowy winter day when an accident...

How I Rate Books

For quite a while now I’ve seen loads of people talking about how they rate the books they read. And so I thought about doing my own post because it is true the way I rate books has changed and so I wanted to discuss it with you guys. The main thing that inspired me to do this post is Helene’s Jeppesen video about it.