Skip to main content

Weekend Reads | 23.06.17


And it's friday again! For the past week I've been reading The Hammer of Thor by Rick Riordan, the second installment in the Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard trilogy. It was a lot of fun and better than the first book. The best part is that I didn't make any comparisons with Percy, something I definitely did while reading the first book.

Last night I started Little Nothing by Marisa Silver. I received this in the March Moth Box. Lately it has been on my mind so I finally decided to pick it up. The beginning and the atmosphere reminds me a little bit of The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden but I prefer Silver's writing style, so far anyway. Also, can we talk about how gorgeous this cover is?

I don't have much planned for the weekend besides going out for lunch with friends and family. The heatwave is still here and it's as unbereable as it was before so I prefer to spend my time indoors with the air-con on. Any plans for the weekend?

Follow

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review // The Improbability of Love by Hannah Rothschild

The Improbability of Love  by Hannah Rothschild { Goodreads } Published by Bloomsbury in 2016 Paperback edition; 479 pages { BookDepository } The Improbability of Love follows a bunch of different characters all involved in different ways with the art-world scene in London when a very famous painting –which gives name to the novel – is found by Annie, the main protagonist we could say, in a thrift shop. Don’t be fooled by the cover which screams chick-lit through and through; the novel deals with so much more.

Book Review // Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea

Because of Mr. Terupt  by Rob Buyea { Goodreads } Published by Yearling in 2011 Paperback edition; 288 pages { BookDepository } " Features seven narrators, each with a unique story, and each with a different perspective on what makes their teacher so special.  It’s the start of fifth grade for seven kids at Snow Hill School. There’s . . .  Jessica,  the new girl, smart and perceptive, who’s having a hard time fitting in;  Alexia,  a bully, your friend one second, your enemy the next;  Peter,  class prankster and troublemaker;  Luke,  the brain;  Danielle, who never stands up for herself; shy  Anna,  whose home situation makes her an outcast; and  Jeffrey,  who hates school.  Only Mr. Terupt, their new and energetic teacher, seems to know how to deal with them all. He makes the classroom a fun place, even if he doesn’t let them get away with much . . . until the snowy winter day when an accident...

How I Rate Books

For quite a while now I’ve seen loads of people talking about how they rate the books they read. And so I thought about doing my own post because it is true the way I rate books has changed and so I wanted to discuss it with you guys. The main thing that inspired me to do this post is Helene’s Jeppesen video about it.