Skip to main content

Weekend Reads | 7.07.2017


Another friday, another weekend reads! At the beginning of the week I started reading The Clocks in This House All Tell Different Times by Xan Brooks and in all fairness I'm not sure what to make out of it. It's incredibly dark in its subject matter but the story isn't pulling me in as much as I was expecting but it is at least an interesting novel.

I might be going away for the weekend as well and I'm already thinking about other titles that I can take with me. I know that I want something light and easy to get through so I might pick up The Wizard Heir. The first book in that series wasn't the greatest but I enjoyed the fantasy aspect of it and I decided to give the second book a go and see if the series is worth completing.

As I mentioned - way too many times, sorry - before, I'm having troubles writing reviews for the books I'm reading; I have zero motivation for it and I honestly don't know why so I'm going to try and write some, even if they are not very long as to put up a mini reviews post but I need to get back on track with my blogging now that I have more free time and I can be more consistent.

Any fun stuff planned for the weekend?

Follow

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review // The Improbability of Love by Hannah Rothschild

The Improbability of Love  by Hannah Rothschild { Goodreads } Published by Bloomsbury in 2016 Paperback edition; 479 pages { BookDepository } The Improbability of Love follows a bunch of different characters all involved in different ways with the art-world scene in London when a very famous painting –which gives name to the novel – is found by Annie, the main protagonist we could say, in a thrift shop. Don’t be fooled by the cover which screams chick-lit through and through; the novel deals with so much more.

Book Review // The Madwoman Upstairs by Catherine Lowell

The Madwoman Upstairs  by Catherine Lowell { Goodreads } Published by Quercus Publishing in 2016 Paperback edition; 416 pages { BookDepository } The Madwoman Upstairs follows Samantha Whipple, the last descendant of the famous Brontë family. Her father is dead and the public believes she has inherited some important pieces of the Brontë’s literary estate, which is not true as long as she’s concerned since she has never seen said estate. When she starts attending Oxford College however, everything changes. She stars receiving books that belonged to her father and the whole situations turns into a scavenger hunt to unfold her family legacy.

Weekend Reads

This weekend I'm planning on finishing El día de año nuevo y otros cuentos maravillosos  - a short story collection by Vladímir Odóievski that so far it's simply okay nothing really special- and reading a chunk of Outlander . I'm halfway through the latter and so far, it's a very enjoyable read; I started watching the TV show last year when it premiered but stopped after some episodes because I wanted to read the book. I'm finally caught up with what I saw and from now on I don't know what's going to happen which makes me wanna read even more. What are your plans for the weekend?