Skip to main content

Books & Songs # 2

It’s been way too long since I last did a post like this. Books and music are some of my favourite things and in my case, one goes along with the other. I tend to listen to (instrumental) music while reading because it helps me concentrate and erase the outside world. However, sometimes there are some non instrumental songs that fit or resemble the story you’re living at the moment and that’s what I’m gonna do today. I have 4 songs that, in my opinion, fit some part of the plot or a character within the book. Hope you enjoy this! ;)



  • Book: The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater
  • Song: Haunting by Halsey
This song reminds me of Ronan, and sometimes of Adam. It’s hard to explain since this series as a whole is very mystifying but there is something about the lyrics that make me think of them.



  • Book: Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo
  • Song: Hunter & Prey by Emmelie de Forest
This song fits the relationship between Alina, Mal & the Darkling and I love it because it’s a perfect representation in my opinion of Alina’s struggle throughout the entire book.



  • Book: The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson
  • Song: Run Boy Run by Woodkid
Besides being an awesome motivator due to its powerful rhythm, Run Boy Run can also describe very much so the different situations both Kelsier and Elend are living.



  • Book: The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
  • Song: Still Here by Digital Daggers
Whenever I listen to this song I think of Mara, her mental state and her situation with Noah during the second book.




Do you guys like listening to music while reading? Are there any songs that remind you of certain stories or characters?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review // The Improbability of Love by Hannah Rothschild

The Improbability of Love  by Hannah Rothschild { Goodreads } Published by Bloomsbury in 2016 Paperback edition; 479 pages { BookDepository } The Improbability of Love follows a bunch of different characters all involved in different ways with the art-world scene in London when a very famous painting –which gives name to the novel – is found by Annie, the main protagonist we could say, in a thrift shop. Don’t be fooled by the cover which screams chick-lit through and through; the novel deals with so much more.

Book Review // Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea

Because of Mr. Terupt  by Rob Buyea { Goodreads } Published by Yearling in 2011 Paperback edition; 288 pages { BookDepository } " Features seven narrators, each with a unique story, and each with a different perspective on what makes their teacher so special.  It’s the start of fifth grade for seven kids at Snow Hill School. There’s . . .  Jessica,  the new girl, smart and perceptive, who’s having a hard time fitting in;  Alexia,  a bully, your friend one second, your enemy the next;  Peter,  class prankster and troublemaker;  Luke,  the brain;  Danielle, who never stands up for herself; shy  Anna,  whose home situation makes her an outcast; and  Jeffrey,  who hates school.  Only Mr. Terupt, their new and energetic teacher, seems to know how to deal with them all. He makes the classroom a fun place, even if he doesn’t let them get away with much . . . until the snowy winter day when an accident...

How I Rate Books

For quite a while now I’ve seen loads of people talking about how they rate the books they read. And so I thought about doing my own post because it is true the way I rate books has changed and so I wanted to discuss it with you guys. The main thing that inspired me to do this post is Helene’s Jeppesen video about it.