Skip to main content

March 2017


March is over. And April is here. I know most of us say this everytime a month goes by but seriously, time has flown by and I'm terrified because my finals start at the end of May and I have been neglecting all Uni stuff for the entire month and I really hope I can catch up on work during April. Coming back from my holidays didn't help if I'm honest. March has been a bit of an in-between month for me. At the end of February, I went to Germany to visit my sister and we both travelled to Copenhagen - which I really really liked - and since coming back to Spain at the beginning of March I haven't had the motivation to sit down and study properly. This whole situation is also to blame for my reading this month as well. Quite a lot considering the previous months but all the time I should've spent studying, I spent reading. 

All in all, I've had a mixed reading month. My two favourite reads were The Year of Living Danishly - a non-fiction book where the author talks about her experience of living in Denmark during one year -  and Nina is Not OK - a coming of age story about an alcoholic 17-year-old girl. I highly recommend reading both of them. My least favourite was A Visit from The Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan. It just didn't work for me. And the same thing happened with Otared by Mohammad Rabie. And I now just realised that I forgot to include in the picture Beauty and the Beast. However, it wasn't very memorable and I prefer the Disney version of the tale way more.

My reading plans for April are still on the air. As I said, I will concentrate on my Uni work but I have a few titles that I wanna get to. I'm currently reading The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas and without a doubt will be a favourite of mine. It deals with Black Lives Matter movement and it is a very important and necessary book.


Follow

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review // The Improbability of Love by Hannah Rothschild

The Improbability of Love  by Hannah Rothschild { Goodreads } Published by Bloomsbury in 2016 Paperback edition; 479 pages { BookDepository } The Improbability of Love follows a bunch of different characters all involved in different ways with the art-world scene in London when a very famous painting –which gives name to the novel – is found by Annie, the main protagonist we could say, in a thrift shop. Don’t be fooled by the cover which screams chick-lit through and through; the novel deals with so much more.

Book Review // Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea

Because of Mr. Terupt  by Rob Buyea { Goodreads } Published by Yearling in 2011 Paperback edition; 288 pages { BookDepository } " Features seven narrators, each with a unique story, and each with a different perspective on what makes their teacher so special.  It’s the start of fifth grade for seven kids at Snow Hill School. There’s . . .  Jessica,  the new girl, smart and perceptive, who’s having a hard time fitting in;  Alexia,  a bully, your friend one second, your enemy the next;  Peter,  class prankster and troublemaker;  Luke,  the brain;  Danielle, who never stands up for herself; shy  Anna,  whose home situation makes her an outcast; and  Jeffrey,  who hates school.  Only Mr. Terupt, their new and energetic teacher, seems to know how to deal with them all. He makes the classroom a fun place, even if he doesn’t let them get away with much . . . until the snowy winter day when an accident...

How I Rate Books

For quite a while now I’ve seen loads of people talking about how they rate the books they read. And so I thought about doing my own post because it is true the way I rate books has changed and so I wanted to discuss it with you guys. The main thing that inspired me to do this post is Helene’s Jeppesen video about it.