Skip to main content

Spring TBR


Spring is here. For many this is good news. For me, who suffers from hay-fever, this is not good news. Anyhow, let’s talk about books. A few months back I decided to stop making monthly TBRs altogether because I was horrible at sticking to the books I planned to read; instead though I’m gonna start doing seasonal TBRs. I find them easier to follow and it gives me a wide timeframe to get to them. I want to read more than this (if possible) but from now on, and with every new season, I’ll pick 5 books from my shelves and attempt to read them before the end of the season.

  • Hag-Seed by Margaret Atwood. This is a re-telling of The Tempest by Shakespeare and I’ve been meaning to read it since it came out last year but I always got distracted by other titles. Now that it has been longlisted for the Bailey’s Prize, I need to pick it up. Soon.
  • Am I Normal Yet? by Holly Bourne. A YA contemporary novel. Not what I tend to read anymore but this deals with mental health issues and I’m interested. It comes highly recommend it so I hope this works for me.
  • The Good People by Hannah Kent. Kent’s new novel is a fairly new release and I got it recently. I wanted to read it at the beginning of March really but it didn’t arrive on time. It will be what I pick up next once I’m done with the book I’m currently reading. The Good People is set in Ireland – you don’t need much more to convince me to read it really – and it is about a boy who is sick and fairies.
  • We Don’t Know What We’re Doing by Thomas Morris. This is a short story collection about people who, as the book describes, “know where they are, but don’t know what they’re doing”. I picked this up last summer when I was in London. I saw it on a bookshop and the title got my attention. I haven’t heard many people talking about it and I’m more than ready to go for it blindly.
  • Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman. Do I need to say anything else?

Okay guys, these are the five titles on my Spring TBR. What are you planning on reading?

Follow

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vintage Classics: Brontë Series

Maybe you don’t know this about me but I collect different edition of Jane Eyre and when I learnt that Vintage was releasing the new Brontë series I just couldn’t say no. 

Book Review // Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea

Because of Mr. Terupt  by Rob Buyea { Goodreads } Published by Yearling in 2011 Paperback edition; 288 pages { BookDepository } " Features seven narrators, each with a unique story, and each with a different perspective on what makes their teacher so special.  It’s the start of fifth grade for seven kids at Snow Hill School. There’s . . .  Jessica,  the new girl, smart and perceptive, who’s having a hard time fitting in;  Alexia,  a bully, your friend one second, your enemy the next;  Peter,  class prankster and troublemaker;  Luke,  the brain;  Danielle, who never stands up for herself; shy  Anna,  whose home situation makes her an outcast; and  Jeffrey,  who hates school.  Only Mr. Terupt, their new and energetic teacher, seems to know how to deal with them all. He makes the classroom a fun place, even if he doesn’t let them get away with much . . . until the snowy winter day when an accident changes everything—and everyone. "

Reading Diary | February Books | 2018

Feb, 1st - 15:15. Finished the second book in the first volume of the Riyria Revelations and I was pleasantly surprised. I still think the world building is the weakest thing about the story because it's not greatly developed but the story is well-written and entertaining. I'm planning on continuing reading the series because now I'm intrigued enough to want to know how everything will unfold. Feb, 7th - 10:33.  I'm finally prepared to go and see the movie Call Me By Your Name because I just finished reading the novel. I enjoyed it quite a bit. It is a celebration of love and an exploration of sex and identity. It's quite explicit though so if you feel uncomfortable with that keep it in mind if you're planning on reading it. My full review of the book is HERE (I also talk a little bit about the movie).