Skip to main content

My Reading Week | 18th - 24th October | Frank Herbert


OCT, 20th - Late last night I finished Dune. Read part III in one sitting which is something I haven't done in a while. What I can say is that part I and III were good but I found part II very boring and the old-fashioned writing style made me struggle sometimes to engage with the text. The story was good though and will be worth rereading. 

OCT, 23rd - Very slow reading this week but at least managed to get to part IV of Book II in War&Peace and I only have to more parts before finishing Book II 🥳. Probably this will be my last update for the week since tomorrow Sunday it's my cousin's son's birthday and we are all getting together to celebrate. Despite not being able to read a bit more, I did make some progress with Sorrowland by Rivers Solomon & We Have Always Been Here by Samra Habib. Both good so far. Most likely will finish them both next week since I have two other halloweeny reads I want to read this October. Cannot believe the month is ending next week. Like, how?!

Follow

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review // The Improbability of Love by Hannah Rothschild

The Improbability of Love  by Hannah Rothschild { Goodreads } Published by Bloomsbury in 2016 Paperback edition; 479 pages { BookDepository } The Improbability of Love follows a bunch of different characters all involved in different ways with the art-world scene in London when a very famous painting –which gives name to the novel – is found by Annie, the main protagonist we could say, in a thrift shop. Don’t be fooled by the cover which screams chick-lit through and through; the novel deals with so much more.

Book Review // Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea

Because of Mr. Terupt  by Rob Buyea { Goodreads } Published by Yearling in 2011 Paperback edition; 288 pages { BookDepository } " Features seven narrators, each with a unique story, and each with a different perspective on what makes their teacher so special.  It’s the start of fifth grade for seven kids at Snow Hill School. There’s . . .  Jessica,  the new girl, smart and perceptive, who’s having a hard time fitting in;  Alexia,  a bully, your friend one second, your enemy the next;  Peter,  class prankster and troublemaker;  Luke,  the brain;  Danielle, who never stands up for herself; shy  Anna,  whose home situation makes her an outcast; and  Jeffrey,  who hates school.  Only Mr. Terupt, their new and energetic teacher, seems to know how to deal with them all. He makes the classroom a fun place, even if he doesn’t let them get away with much . . . until the snowy winter day when an accident...

How I Rate Books

For quite a while now I’ve seen loads of people talking about how they rate the books they read. And so I thought about doing my own post because it is true the way I rate books has changed and so I wanted to discuss it with you guys. The main thing that inspired me to do this post is Helene’s Jeppesen video about it.