Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday # 4 (Books On My Fall To-Be-Read List)



TOP TEN TUESDAY is a weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish and this week I’m telling you my top 10 books that I want to read this fall. This is essentially my October/November TBR.


               


  • The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith. The only reason I was waiting until autumn to read this is because the colours of the cover are very autumn-like. 
  • The Monstrumologist by Rick Yancey. This pick doesn’t need much of an explanation: is perfect for Halloween. 
  • A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness. I’ve been neglecting this book for so long and it is happening, I’m reading it. YAY!
  • The Diviners by Libba Bray. A serial killer in the 20’s? GIVE IT TO ME!

      

By now you have probably guess that most of these books are perfect for Halloween.

  • Between The Devil and The Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke.

  • The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin. Everyone says this is a very disturbing novel so I’m eager to read it.
  • Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. To be honest the things that scare me the most about this book are the weird pictures...
  • Anna Dressed in Blood & Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake.


  • The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan. The last book on this list has nothing to do with Halloween but I’m dying to read it! The fifth and final installment of The Blood of Olympus series… I do have to finish first The Mark of Athena and The House of Hades, but that’s what I’m gonna do next week to be prepared for this one.

And that’s it for another TTT. Have you read any of these books? Did you like them? Let me know!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review // The Improbability of Love by Hannah Rothschild

The Improbability of Love  by Hannah Rothschild { Goodreads } Published by Bloomsbury in 2016 Paperback edition; 479 pages { BookDepository } The Improbability of Love follows a bunch of different characters all involved in different ways with the art-world scene in London when a very famous painting –which gives name to the novel – is found by Annie, the main protagonist we could say, in a thrift shop. Don’t be fooled by the cover which screams chick-lit through and through; the novel deals with so much more.

Book Review // Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea

Because of Mr. Terupt  by Rob Buyea { Goodreads } Published by Yearling in 2011 Paperback edition; 288 pages { BookDepository } " Features seven narrators, each with a unique story, and each with a different perspective on what makes their teacher so special.  It’s the start of fifth grade for seven kids at Snow Hill School. There’s . . .  Jessica,  the new girl, smart and perceptive, who’s having a hard time fitting in;  Alexia,  a bully, your friend one second, your enemy the next;  Peter,  class prankster and troublemaker;  Luke,  the brain;  Danielle, who never stands up for herself; shy  Anna,  whose home situation makes her an outcast; and  Jeffrey,  who hates school.  Only Mr. Terupt, their new and energetic teacher, seems to know how to deal with them all. He makes the classroom a fun place, even if he doesn’t let them get away with much . . . until the snowy winter day when an accident...

How I Rate Books

For quite a while now I’ve seen loads of people talking about how they rate the books they read. And so I thought about doing my own post because it is true the way I rate books has changed and so I wanted to discuss it with you guys. The main thing that inspired me to do this post is Helene’s Jeppesen video about it.