Skip to main content

Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon | TBR 2017 Round I


It's that time of the year again: The Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon where readers all around the world come together to read for 24 hours. It might sound a bit mad yes, but believe me, it is fun. We all share the stack of books we're planning on reading and then our progress as the hours go by and above all, we cheer on each other to read. Isn't that great? It is for me. I don't have anyone outside my bookish internet corner to get excited about books and reading so you can imagine how happy this event makes me. The readathon takes place this Saturday and for me it starts at 2pm, that might change depending on your time zone - you can check their web to find out your time to start.

Anyways, these are the 5 books I'm planning on reading. They're short since I find them to be easier to get through and I also feel like I'm making progress with my reading and that motivates me. We have a mix of everything really - from a poetry collection to non-fiction and middle-grade.

  • Dear Ijeawele, or A Feminist Manifest in Fifteen Suggestions by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. Adichie's latest release. This is a feminist essay and I'm all for it.
  • What We Buried by Caitlyn Siehl. This is the poetry collection and it also sounds amazing. I've been quite lucky with the poetry I've been reading so fingers crossed this is as good as everybody says it is.
  • One Hundred Shadows by Hwang Jungeun. This book came with the March Moth Box and it is short and I thought it would be perfect for the readathon. I don't really know what it is about but I know it's a weird story.
  • Cogheart by Peter Bunzl. A steampunk middle-grade adventure. Yes, thank you. Also, I haven't read middle-grade in ages. Needed to change that.
  • Am I Normal Yet? by Holly Bourne. A YA novel dealing with anxiety. And I want to know what all the fuzz is about.

If I manage to read all of these I'll be very pleased with myself truth be told but I'm a very slow reader and I get distracted quite easily. Still, I'm gonna try my best without rushing my reading.

Are you guys participating in the readathon? What is on your TBR pile? 

Follow

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review // The Improbability of Love by Hannah Rothschild

The Improbability of Love  by Hannah Rothschild { Goodreads } Published by Bloomsbury in 2016 Paperback edition; 479 pages { BookDepository } The Improbability of Love follows a bunch of different characters all involved in different ways with the art-world scene in London when a very famous painting –which gives name to the novel – is found by Annie, the main protagonist we could say, in a thrift shop. Don’t be fooled by the cover which screams chick-lit through and through; the novel deals with so much more.

Book Review // Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea

Because of Mr. Terupt  by Rob Buyea { Goodreads } Published by Yearling in 2011 Paperback edition; 288 pages { BookDepository } " Features seven narrators, each with a unique story, and each with a different perspective on what makes their teacher so special.  It’s the start of fifth grade for seven kids at Snow Hill School. There’s . . .  Jessica,  the new girl, smart and perceptive, who’s having a hard time fitting in;  Alexia,  a bully, your friend one second, your enemy the next;  Peter,  class prankster and troublemaker;  Luke,  the brain;  Danielle, who never stands up for herself; shy  Anna,  whose home situation makes her an outcast; and  Jeffrey,  who hates school.  Only Mr. Terupt, their new and energetic teacher, seems to know how to deal with them all. He makes the classroom a fun place, even if he doesn’t let them get away with much . . . until the snowy winter day when an accident...

How I Rate Books

For quite a while now I’ve seen loads of people talking about how they rate the books they read. And so I thought about doing my own post because it is true the way I rate books has changed and so I wanted to discuss it with you guys. The main thing that inspired me to do this post is Helene’s Jeppesen video about it.