Skip to main content

Weekend Reads | 14.04.2017



And it's the weekend already. I reckon I won't get much reading done since I'm finally catching up on most of my university work and I wanna keep this pace so I'm fully prepared for finals. However, it is always nice to know I have two chunky books to keep me entertained when I can't be bother to study anymore. 

Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor is my main priority. I read Daughter of Smoke and Bone back in 2015 and I feel it's time for me to continue with the series. Once I finish this one, I'll get to the third and final book in the trilogy. So far, I'm enjoying it but it's not what I expected the story to continue.

On my nightstand I keep Patria by Fernando Aramburu. It's been a while since I last read something in Spanish and I'm definitely noticing its consequences. I'm reading at a slower pace when it should be the other way around. That's why from now on I'll try and read more in Spanish. Anyways, Patria starts after the announcement that ETA (the Basque terrorist group) will stop their armed struggle, when Bittori visits her husband's grave - who was killed by the terrorists - to tell him she's going back to the house they used to live in. So far, this is a good yet difficult read.

What are you guys reading this weekend?

Follow

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review // The Improbability of Love by Hannah Rothschild

The Improbability of Love  by Hannah Rothschild { Goodreads } Published by Bloomsbury in 2016 Paperback edition; 479 pages { BookDepository } The Improbability of Love follows a bunch of different characters all involved in different ways with the art-world scene in London when a very famous painting –which gives name to the novel – is found by Annie, the main protagonist we could say, in a thrift shop. Don’t be fooled by the cover which screams chick-lit through and through; the novel deals with so much more.

Book Review // Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea

Because of Mr. Terupt  by Rob Buyea { Goodreads } Published by Yearling in 2011 Paperback edition; 288 pages { BookDepository } " Features seven narrators, each with a unique story, and each with a different perspective on what makes their teacher so special.  It’s the start of fifth grade for seven kids at Snow Hill School. There’s . . .  Jessica,  the new girl, smart and perceptive, who’s having a hard time fitting in;  Alexia,  a bully, your friend one second, your enemy the next;  Peter,  class prankster and troublemaker;  Luke,  the brain;  Danielle, who never stands up for herself; shy  Anna,  whose home situation makes her an outcast; and  Jeffrey,  who hates school.  Only Mr. Terupt, their new and energetic teacher, seems to know how to deal with them all. He makes the classroom a fun place, even if he doesn’t let them get away with much . . . until the snowy winter day when an accident...

How I Rate Books

For quite a while now I’ve seen loads of people talking about how they rate the books they read. And so I thought about doing my own post because it is true the way I rate books has changed and so I wanted to discuss it with you guys. The main thing that inspired me to do this post is Helene’s Jeppesen video about it.