Skip to main content

'Project 10 Book' Recap!


A month ago I decided to join ‘Project 10 Book’, created by Lauren over at A Blonde Librarian. It was all about trying to reduce our TBR piles by reading 10 books before buying more. I thought it would be a realistic goal and it was. Here are the books I’ve read:




I’m not gonna tell you a lot about the books. You can read my thoughts about the first four(starting with The Blood of Olympus) in my October Wrap-Up, and about the other 6 you’ll have to wait until my November Wrap-Up #sorrynotsorry LOL

Being honest here, I should tell you that it hasn’t been a difficult challenge for me to complete and for the entire month I have been able to control myself and didn’t buy any book, which is incredibly amazing for me. Ask anyone who knows me, this is progress!


I’ve added certain books to my wishlish. That was impossible not to do, really. But I’ve also kind of learned to choose those books I’m really interesting in reading instead of going on a buying spree like nobody’s business. 

So, summing up, I do think Lauren’s idea was genius and it is an easy challenge. Of course you can choose the number of books you want to read before buying more but I think this idea is better than just going on a buying ban for X months. Why? Because we like and enjoy reading so we don’t really pay much attention about how many days have passed since we started the challenge, you know? If I will go on a buying ban for, say, 3 months I would be crossing the days in my calendar like a rabid dog. It would be everything I could think about. Deciding to buy books depending on how much I read is, at least for me, easier and definitely more enjoyable.

So yeah, massive thanks to Lauren! And also, I'm gonna keep doing this. I'll read 10 books and then, I'll buy some. But those I buy will never exceed the ones I've read. Let's hope I can shrink my TBR pile once and for all, even if it's little by little!


Do you have a book buying problem? Would you think this challenge would suit you? I wanna know! Or are you already doing this challenge? How is it going?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review // The Improbability of Love by Hannah Rothschild

The Improbability of Love  by Hannah Rothschild { Goodreads } Published by Bloomsbury in 2016 Paperback edition; 479 pages { BookDepository } The Improbability of Love follows a bunch of different characters all involved in different ways with the art-world scene in London when a very famous painting –which gives name to the novel – is found by Annie, the main protagonist we could say, in a thrift shop. Don’t be fooled by the cover which screams chick-lit through and through; the novel deals with so much more.

Book Review // Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea

Because of Mr. Terupt  by Rob Buyea { Goodreads } Published by Yearling in 2011 Paperback edition; 288 pages { BookDepository } " Features seven narrators, each with a unique story, and each with a different perspective on what makes their teacher so special.  It’s the start of fifth grade for seven kids at Snow Hill School. There’s . . .  Jessica,  the new girl, smart and perceptive, who’s having a hard time fitting in;  Alexia,  a bully, your friend one second, your enemy the next;  Peter,  class prankster and troublemaker;  Luke,  the brain;  Danielle, who never stands up for herself; shy  Anna,  whose home situation makes her an outcast; and  Jeffrey,  who hates school.  Only Mr. Terupt, their new and energetic teacher, seems to know how to deal with them all. He makes the classroom a fun place, even if he doesn’t let them get away with much . . . until the snowy winter day when an accident...

How I Rate Books

For quite a while now I’ve seen loads of people talking about how they rate the books they read. And so I thought about doing my own post because it is true the way I rate books has changed and so I wanted to discuss it with you guys. The main thing that inspired me to do this post is Helene’s Jeppesen video about it.